George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: George Williams

Post by southportcdm »

Losing Hastings, Gilly, Bullock and French but not getting George? Bloody hell, what's happening?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:50 am
DaveO wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 11:23 am
Dan2266 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:04 am
The first refusal is basically Wigan saying "You cant sign for anyone else without letting us know prior to doing so, then its up to us if we want to offer you a deal or not"
So it's completely pointless then because what Wigan can't do is prevent the player form talking to other clubs
once he's spoken to Wigan.

No player is going to just listen to what Wigan put on the table and the term "first refusal" is misleading. It makes it sound as if Wigan offer him a deal he is contractually bound to take it which is not the case.

It's just another one of those silly terms IL is fond of using when Wigan lose a player to an NRL club to make it sound less painful but in reality is meaningless.

Even without "first refusal" any players agent would be talking to Wigan anyway but they would also want to listen to offers from several clubs so in reality it makes zero difference.

Exactly, its basically a fan pleaser, and only essentially means Canberra cant sell him without giving Wigan a heads up or opportunity to match a transfer fee.
I'm shocked that anyone else thinks otherwise. It's obvious. Just as pointless as trying to "hold" a player to his contract in a (very low) salary capped game as RL .

Personally I wouldn't break the bank for George. Great player, but we need an organising half to replace Hastings.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Heard Warrington have 4 accountants on their salary cap :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

southportcdm wrote:Losing Hastings, Gilly, Bullock and French but not getting George? Bloody hell, what's happening?
To be honest, I can see French signing a new contract. His style is suited to Super League and I don’t see him getting a game in the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ManxWarrior wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:18 am
southportcdm wrote:Losing Hastings, Gilly, Bullock and French but not getting George? Bloody hell, what's happening?
To be honest, I can see French signing a new contract. His style is suited to Super League and I don’t see him getting a game in the NRL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he can settle here, his family is very important to him, then I think he will stay beyond this season.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

At Canberra Gorge is playing alongside a very good No6 jack Wighton.Willwe have the same or will we end up with the same Georg we had before.I agree with wintergreen we need another Hastings,Aidan Sezer sounds like a good idea,
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

More chance of getting Juliet Selzer
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

ddtftf wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 4:53 pm More chance of getting Juliet Selzer
we couldnt even get alka saltsa
jao711

Post by jao711 »

stevo38 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:02 pm
He is OOC this y ea r but please tell me why.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

jao711 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:34 pm
stevo38 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:02 pm
He is OOC this y ea r but please tell me why.
Because Wigan have absolutely no intention of signing him
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: