George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Smithy82

George Williams

Post by Smithy82 »

George Williams to Wigan
Done deal apparently
East Stand Faithful

Re: George Williams

Post by East Stand Faithful »

For next season?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Smithy82

Post by Smithy82 »

Yes for 2022
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Do a deal for Clubb this year tell them he is a wrecking ball of a forward ???? well they sold us a shop damaged prop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ddtftf wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:45 pm Do a deal for Clubb this year tell them he is a wrecking ball of a forward ???? well they sold us a shop damaged prop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's out-of-contract at season's end. Just no need to throw more money at him when it is negotiating time with the player agents
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Everything Agreed, However... Nothing signed. We’ve been here before but Id say get excited. I expect Wigan to announce it after Wests Announce Gildart
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:04 pm Everything Agreed, However... Nothing signed. We’ve been here before but Id say get excited. I expect Wigan to announce it after Wests Announce Gildart
Its all changed.

We COULD be on for Shaun Edwards 2.0 here. Warrington are really pushing now.
Wigan VERY concerned.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Im not too fussed about a Williams return.

Great player yes, improved at Canberra yes, but is he the game manager / dominant voice on the pitch we need and to be a good partner with Smith?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 pm Im not too fussed about a Williams return.

Great player yes, improved at Canberra yes, but is he the game manager / dominant voice on the pitch we need and to be a good partner with Smith?
Thats to be seen, Id rather have Williams at Wigan than see him run out for Warrington.

I was told on good authority all agreed with Williams/Wigan for 2022 onward. that remains the case.

Warrington have offered Austin&/Money to Canberra for an immediate swap, and are also speaking to Williams' people.

IF Williams does go to Warrington then it almost seems inevitable that we would go after Trueman.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I'm not bothered about Williams coming back TBH. We should take the most financially prudent position on this one. Not one to break the bank over.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐