George Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
wall_of_voodoo

Re: George Williams

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:33 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:57 pm
ddtftf wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:34 pm I have spoken to a relative of George and I got the impression he was going to Warrington big money offer he is finding hard to refuse :o :o
Stacks up with what I said yesterday about Wigan being concerned. You’re normally bang on as well.

Wigan have it agreed so Warrington must of trumped our offer by a considerable amount.
Have to wonder where Warrington find the money.
Blake Austin going I presume
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

cherry toffee wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:38 pm In pre season the club said it was under the cap but was thinking of making a mid season signing like last year,since then Burgess has finished and Mike Danson a millionaire has joined the board,added to this Hastings is leaving along with probably Gildardt and Leuluai and clubb will probably retire and still apparently we can't out bid Warrington for a player who wants to play for us
Wants to play for us bit will go to the highest bidder?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cherry toffee wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:38 pm In pre season the club said it was under the cap but was thinking of making a mid season signing like last year,since then Burgess has finished and Mike Danson a millionaire has joined the board,added to this Hastings is leaving along with probably Gildardt and Leuluai and clubb will probably retire and still apparently we can't out bid Warrington for a player who wants to play for us
While Danson has added some extra clout to the boardroom and hopefully lessened the clubs total reliance on Lenegan I don’t feel he’s the sort of bloke to start splashing that cash on players.

Maybe wrong but we shall see
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Nothing new on Williams, Club want Trueman if they cant get Williams, but I cant help but think signing Aidan Sezer makes more sense, he's off contract at the end of the year, sorts the kicking duties issue out as well.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:38 pm
While Danson has added some extra clout to the boardroom and hopefully lessened the clubs total reliance on Lenegan I don’t feel he’s the sort of bloke to start splashing that cash on players.

Rich people don't get rich by splashing the cash.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

The guy at Warrington doesn't seem to have a problem with splashing the cash,but the main point of my previous post was that we still had a bit of room under the cap and we are potentially losing four players next season and still can't compete
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

cherry toffee wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 1:23 pm The guy at Warrington doesn't seem to have a problem with splashing the cash,but the main point of my previous post was that we still had a bit of room under the cap and we are potentially losing four players next season and still can't compete
who has said we cant compete? we may not put that value on a players salary. i know that there are exemptions for marquee players in the team, but at the same time a player is only worth as much as a club(s) are willing to pay for them

if Wigan only think he is worth £250k but another club is willing to pay £500k then i personally dont think Wigan should pay £500k as they need to balance the books. The club also be able to keep a squad happy and having such a massive disparity has the recipe for causing problems when contract renewals come around. i appreciate that there are always star players who get better paid than others, but the club need to be mindful that there are 25 players in the squad, and each one of those will want as much as they can get for their salary, and you wont always keep them all happy
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I agree with what your saying pieman but Dan 2266 posted that wigan were very concerned that Warrington were going to outbid them ,if wigan were only going to pay a certain price why would they be very concerned if someone bid higher?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:01 pm

I agree,they tend to be very careful how they spend their money it amuses me that people think he will allow wild spending at the club when all that seems to have happened is the club going into a more careful mode of spending because of Covid etc
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 2:49 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:01 pm

I agree,they tend to be very careful how they spend their money it amuses me that people think he will allow wild spending at the club when all that seems to have happened is the club going into a more careful mode of spending because of Covid etc
Time for a regime change then, No good being the biggest RL club in the world if the chairman wants to run it with bargain basement & project players, I know we probably can't afford a lot of big name players but we should at least be seen to be talking to them