King, Hurrell & Clark

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: King, Hurrell & Clark

Post by Charriots Offiah »

bertina wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:57 am
Firestarter wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:14 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:55 pm

I'd go for Joseph Leilua
+1
+1
I should have added along with King, I think we are desperate for two strike centres.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Toby King is good but he is in no way a marquee level player.

If he was he'd be getting NRL offers.

To me a Marquee player should be someone who can turn a game.

Bateman has done this before for us.
Tomkins could.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 11:13 am Toby King is good but he is in no way a marquee level player.

If he was he'd be getting NRL offers.

To me a Marquee player should be someone who can turn a game.

Bateman has done this before for us.
Tomkins could.
For me there have been very few marquee players worthy of the name,Tomkins in his last season showed he could be but other than that
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:55 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:53 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm

There is no way King will get marquee money at any club although there is nothing wrong with him starting his bidding from such a lofty position. Hurrell would be a real crowd pleaser but he wont come cheap. As for Mitch, I don't see him playing for Wigan again unless we have an injury crisis. The good news is we are looking to recruit.
I don't think Hurrell will command more than the departing Gildart, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen.
I'd go for Joseph Leilua
I don’t think there’s much between the two. Think hurrell and leilua are the same kind of player
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I’d be torn on Hurrell. He’s a character and on one hand we’ll need a centre and we do lack some real physical punch across the field but on the other hand he always looks spent after half an hour to me and drifts out of games. Toby King would be a good signing for anybody who got him but I sense he’s driving his price up at Wire and will stay there and even if not, we won’t go towards silly money for him.

In short I think we’d be best served looking to the NRL for a Gildart replacement. There are plenty off contract.
Charriots Offiah

NICKYKISS wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:58 pm I’d be torn on Hurrell. He’s a character and on one hand we’ll need a centre and we do lack some real physical punch across the field but on the other hand he always looks spent after half an hour to me and drifts out of games. Toby King would be a good signing for anybody who got him but I sense he’s driving his price up at Wire and will stay there and even if not, we won’t go towards silly money for him.

In short I think we’d be best served looking to the NRL for a Gildart replacement. There are plenty off contract.
We previously tried to sign Brenko Lee, he’s off contract so perhaps we will go back and try again.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:09 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:58 pm I’d be torn on Hurrell. He’s a character and on one hand we’ll need a centre and we do lack some real physical punch across the field but on the other hand he always looks spent after half an hour to me and drifts out of games. Toby King would be a good signing for anybody who got him but I sense he’s driving his price up at Wire and will stay there and even if not, we won’t go towards silly money for him.

We previously tried to sign Brenko Lee, he’s off contract so perhaps we will go back and try again.
Hes nothing special…… im sure theres better options
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

I read earlier that Brenko Lee had signed or was strongly rumoured to sign for Brisbane.
Charriots Offiah

Firestarter wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:46 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:09 pm

Hes nothing special…… im sure theres better options
I agree but we either throw some serious money at a top player or settle for something less. We can't rely on Faz and Isa to fill a void and Hardaker and Bibby do not provide enough of a threat.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Isn’t Leutele only a 1 year deal at Huddersfield? Now depending on what sort of salary he was after, I would prefer him to Hurrell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk