Matty Peet / Shaun Wane

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: Matty Peet / Shaun Wane

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:23 pm No more jobs for boys ffs, Send Lockers elsewhere to earn his coaching credentials, If he succeeds and wants to come back then fair enough
What & where do you think Lockers has been earning his coaching credentials these past several years?
Under Wane mostly which is exactly why he needs to go somewhere else to learn something new and get a different perspective.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:59 am
josie andrews wrote:
medlocke wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:23 pm No more jobs for boys ffs, Send Lockers elsewhere to earn his coaching credentials, If he succeeds and wants to come back then fair enough
What & where do you think Lockers has been earning his coaching credentials these past several years?
Under Wane mostly which is exactly why he needs to go somewhere else to learn something new and get a different perspective.
You should also add under Lam, which is a big worry. At least Waney was successful.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:03 am
Enough to warrant an assistant manager position though?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

josie andrews wrote:
Exactly Dave, 2 or 3 seasons learning off another coach at another club then maybe 2 seasons as an assistant then maybe 2 seasons haed coach in the championship then if successful bring him in as an assistant with the promise of head coach if that is acceptable to all parties
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:00 am
fozzieskem wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:21 pm If this comes to pass I expect Wane to take full control mid way through the season,nothing against Peet or Lockers but I could see struggles there but we shall see
Wane, Peet & Lockers are all good friends can’t really see a problem if Wane does come back.
Of course Josie I never meant to suggest otherwise, I rate Marty Peet as a coach highly (it was no coincidence to me that when Marty came back just after Lam had taken over the side improved),all I was saying if things went a little wonky Wane is there ready to step back in,if of course this set up comes into being
jobo

Post by jobo »

What about John Winder?

He's been an integral part of the first team coaching set up for years.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:31 am
josie andrews wrote:
Exactly Dave, 2 or 3 seasons learning off another coach at another club then maybe 2 seasons as an assistant then maybe 2 seasons haed coach in the championship then if successful bring him in as an assistant with the promise of head coach if that is acceptable to all parties
I think it would be for his own good as well. I look at how Cunningham ended up at Saints and I fear the same could happen to Lockers. The club loan out players so why not try something similar with a coach and tell him to go and learn the ropes under a different regime with a view to having him back later? Both he and the club would benefit from this in my opinion.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:19 pm
I think it would be for his own good as well. I look at how Cunningham ended up at Saints and I fear the same could happen to Lockers. The club loan out players so why not try something similar with a coach and tell him to go and learn the ropes under a different regime with a view to having him back later? Both he and the club would benefit from this in my opinion.
Maybe do like what Edwards did and spend some time down under
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:24 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:19 pm
Maybe do like what Edwards did and spend some time down under
That thought crossed my mind as well but he's never looked like he wanted to try that as a player so I am not sure he would as a coach. Which from a personal point of view is fair enough as we see with the Williams saga but he shouldn't just expect to walk into a top coaching job at Wigan never having gone somewhere else but he probably will.
Jonathon Kerr (JK)

Post by Jonathon Kerr (JK) »

Agree that all coaches like players need to learn there trade, but unless he goes to Aus, where is the stand-out coach in our game on these shores that could benefit up and coming coaches?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk