Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fujiman

Re: Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Post by Fujiman »

I don't think the club took this decision lightly bit it is sad nonetheless for Dom. He's shown great bravery battling back from those injuries but if he's not going to be the player we need or he wants to be time to move on and before we start slagging the club off they've stood by him during these injuries so not as callous as some are making out to be.
Last edited by Fujiman on Wed Jun 02, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I posted this on 18th May.....

I believe Gildart, Hastings, French, Hankinson & Clark will all definitely be moving on.

Manfredi's renewal is based on him proving fitness this year.
George Burgess is not out of the question for next year either

Its going to be very very busy the next few months, lets just hope those in charge get it right

Surely to god 2 weeks later they cant of made a decision on Manfredi, unless they have a replacement already lined up....

Burgess obviously has informed Wigan he wants to go to the NRL.

So "its going to be very very busy, May now be "Very Very Very" busy.

The post on web warriors about a squad overhaul may just be correct.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Wigan are becoming a joke on and off the pitch why get it him fit so another team will benifit hope he comes back to bit them on the arse
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

On his day a fine player is young Dom,but I don’t know how much more can his body take so I have some sympathy with who ever made the call.

I fully expect it to come back and bite Wigan hard on the backside though.

Can’t see Davies back here he has come of age in France and looks a much better player now his foot is facing the right way,I’d move heaven and the Dw to get Sam back though,even if it meant matching “we got it wrong” t shirts for radlinski nd lenegan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:13 pm He has been told his contract will not be renewed and he can talk to other clubs is this the final straw with the management mmmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Are you sure? I read an article in the MeN that said he was free to speak to other clubs which is true simply because he is out of contract. At no point did it say that his contract would not be renewed and it was one of those “news” articles that didn’t actually contain any news! It was just a sensationalist article designed to get the fans backs up.

It applies to any player out of contract and to me it read like the paper was putting two and two together to make five to generate a news story.
kevbrown1980

Post by kevbrown1980 »

Why let a players contract run down though if we want to retain them? Surely it's better to get a player to sign for us before they look elsewhere and potentially get a better offer.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’m bloody fuming if this is right 🤬
Dom has shown nothing but bravery & may I say loyalty to Wigan when he was thinking of jacking it in.

He’s been a good servant to Wigan & this has added to a very depressing week!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am surprised by the conclusions being reached here. Shouldn’t he be grateful to the club for standing by him for year after year? We renewed his contract when he had already had a litany of fitness issues behind him. We are the ones who have supported him, and nursed him back to fitness - if he has to go (and I hope he stays, because I think he is fantastic when fully fit) then I think the club has nothing to be ashamed of. I would also note that, on Saturday, he had a couple of opportunities to really stretch out, but looked bereft of confidence - maybe his speed has gone.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He was the only one of a few bloody trying at the weekend!

He made a break when he eventually got the ball there was no bugger backing up!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He was the only one of a few bloody trying at the weekend!

He made a break when he eventually got the ball there was no bugger backing up!