Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Post by ddtftf »

He has been told his contract will not be renewed and he can talk to other clubs is this the final straw with the management mmmmm :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Wintergreen

Re: Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Post by Wintergreen »

If this is true then it can only mean that he hasn't fully recovered from his injuries.

I feel more sorry for the lad than anything else.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I thought he was getting back to his best getting stronger runs and more pace and also scoring tries again I was excited to see him getting better every game . But thats what you get from our club a slap in the face and kicked out set of ungrateful ba----ds when the lad has shown the courage to fight back . Anyone want to buy a season ticked I have watched Wigan for 60 years but i cannot live with this lack of compassion from this management . Last one out turn off the lights as i see an exodus of supporters .
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

And for the record i have had 5 big businesses each with over 75 employees so i know about running a company I retired at 50 selling my last business built a fishery , and i can tell you right now the Moral of the team will be so low with no trust in who is running the club .
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I really hope the club has something spectacular lined up after this latest shocker because it really is getting to breaking point. Maybe Saturdays performance is a clue to how the players feel about what's going on
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:51 pm I really hope the club has something spectacular lined up after this latest shocker because it really is getting to breaking point. Maybe Saturdays performance is a clue to how the players feel about what's going on
Tom Davies?
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

I wouldn't mind him chariots but I think it's going to take more than one player to make up for what's been going on recently
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

cherry toffee wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:57 pm I wouldn't mind him chariots but I think it's going to take more than one player to make up for what's been going on recently
I fully agree. I have said for a while that IFL and Rads have been letting things slide. Maybe they have decided to address our issues, time will tell. As for Dom, I think it is a rush decision.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Davies & Tomkins both out of contract at the end of the season, Id have them both back in a heartbeat, And Wigan should be all over them on top of George Williams.
I Wasn't Davies' biggest fan at Wigan, but the past couple of seasons he has been outstanding.

I can half understand the Manfredi decision, If we need to recruit players and run close to the cap we cant afford to risk a large chunk of it on a player who has missed as much rugby as he has. Skill wise he is one of the best around. I just hope we do replace him with another top quality winger.

I know his agent has been offering him around due to uncertainty over his future (as is the norm and will be happening with all OOC players) but I didn't know he had been told he wont be getting a new deal.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Always been a big fan of Dom's, he had real star quality a couple of seasons ago and has had awful luck with injuries. However, in a salary capped sport, if you look at it from a value for money point of view he doesn't represent good value. i.e. an 'average' player who hasn't been injured for a couple of seasons would have been more use to the club than Dom. The next thing to weigh up would be whether Dom is over his injuries or if he's more likley than the next player to get injured again. Sadly the club seem to have decided he's too big a risk. I don't suppose he's on great money so saving cap space may not be the biggest factor. If we lose him I'd like to thank him the great memories and wish him all the best for the future.