Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
EagleEyePie

Re: Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Post by EagleEyePie »

I like Manfredi but I'm not sure how this is a betrayal? Are the club supposed to employ him for the rest of his career because he suffered serious injuries? It seems to me the club took a risk on him and kept him at the club even when he suffered setbacks. He's now in a position where finding another club shouldn't be too much of an issue for him even with his injury record.

If the idea is to play Bibby on the right wing and recruit in the centres then I've not got a problem with this. Bibby put in strong performances in that position this season and he seems more comfortable on the right wing than on the left and Manfredi also seems more comfortable on the right. I think it's probably the sensible option.

There's obviously a chance that Manfredi leaves and joins another club where he finally gets over his injury problems and becomes the outstanding player he was several years ago but I think our first few games this season have shown that we should be just fine with Bibby.

Obviously, this is assuming the club will go with Bibby on the wing and recruit in the centres. If they don't then it may be more questionable as it would depend on who they intend to bring in as a replacement.
CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I am a little disappointed in this (if it's true).

There no doubt Dom has had many prolific and lengthy injuries and obviously this has limited his appearances.

For me though, (taking away anything to do with his clear commitment to his rehab), I sincerely think he works exceptionally hard and has so much enthusiasm.

For me and I've said it before, the only real standout IMO is his decrease in pace. Failing that though, I don't think he's too shabby in other areas.

Would presume we have someone lined up? Or are we talking Hanley or Bibby or Zak for that at 2?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hardly surprised with the decision to release Dom.
How it is a betrayal I've no idea.
Dom is in the last year of a three year deal. In that time how many games has he played and how many have been missed. We've all felt sad for Dom and his injuries but after all these seasons I'm not surprised he isn't being retained.
Best Wishes to him and I do hope he can stay injury free and enjoy the rest of his playing career.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

It's a strange one

We spent lots of time and probably a fair bit of money getting this lad back onto the road to recovery

Now both knees have healed we ship him out for another team to benefit. Sam T and Lee Mossop anyone?

Now I understand the club couldn't terminate his contract just because he was unlucky enough to receive an injury whilst playing for us, but unless we have some serious quality coming in we will have gone from four true wingers - Joe Burgess/Liam Marshall/Tom Davies/Dom Manfredi to just one in Liam Marshall (who still has to prove HE has recovered from his knee injury) within 2 years

Still we have three full backs and about 20 second rows who can fill in anywhere when the situation calls
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Love Dom his attitude is fantastic. Went to watch his comeback game the time he came back and should have won MOM in the GF , first tackle I knew he was not holding back.
Such a shame that he's had so many injuries and its seen his career not reach the very very top level which it surely would have.
Unless someone knows different I was told that we wanted to see how he went before he was offered a new contract. I think that's pretty much the right thing by the club..... if we gave him a two year deal and God forbid he broke down I can just imagine the club would be criticised very much like in this topic like posted you can't win sometimes. This reads more like his agent trying to move things along.
On a plus for Dom he actually looks sharper and better now than he did
last time. I would love him to stay fit and stay, the clubs gambling either way and only time will tell on which is right.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

The club has been fair to Dom over years and he has tried his best to get right,the only issue I have is that he should have been given longer to prove he's worth a new contract
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm He could have been offered a game to game contract fare to both parties & insurance would have paid his wages when injured all player have to be insured
Derrick, do you know if Sam P has been offered a deal?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:17 pm
ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm He could have been offered a game to game contract fare to both parties & insurance would have paid his wages when injured all player have to be insured
Hope not
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:48 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:17 pm
Hope not
Well, obviously, only if his replacement was an upgrade. Which seems unlikely.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I agree with letting Dom go if we are bringing someone in.
It’s a shame for him with all these injuries he’s had, as he would of been the best winger in the comp.
I just hope it doesn’t come back to bite Wigan though as I think french looks abit shaky on the wing and we don’t know how much marshys injury has effected him yet.
Bibby is ok on the wing but he just lacks that bit of pace