Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NICKYKISS

Re: Manfredi told he can leave total betrayal by the club

Post by NICKYKISS »

I’m not sure I quite buy the comments that the loyalty shown has all been from Manfredi to Wigan. I think the world of Manfredi and have felt so sorry for him over the years but the club has had to stick with a player who (through no fault of his own) has been injured 95% of the time for four years. In 2018 he came back in after nearly two years out and was shown fantastic loyalty by getting a new three year contract. Sadly more injury issues followed and I fully understand the club being nervous about offering him another extension. They’re damned if they do (and have been damned when he’s been injured) and damned if they don’t. I’m chuffed to see Manfredi back in the side but it’s very early days.

The report in the press says he’s looking around for clubs but doesn’t rule him staying here out. I hope he convinces the management he’s worth a deal.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Betrayal by the club, How?, He would have been gone a long time ago under Uncle Mo, The club has done nothing but stand by him
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

He could have been offered a game to game contract fare to both parties & insurance would have paid his wages when injured all player have to be insured
jobo

Post by jobo »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm He could have been offered a game to game contract fare to both parties & insurance would have paid his wages when injured all player have to be insured
He might still get offered a contract.

As far as I'm aware, players in the final months of their contract are free to look around. They don't need the clubs permission.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:38 pm And for the record i have had 5 big businesses each with over 75 employees so i know about running a company I retired at 50 selling my last business built a fishery , and i can tell you right now the Moral of the team will be so low with no trust in who is running the club .
Don't know about your other businesses. But if anything like your fishery must have been great. Fishery is second to none. I love it there spend many a day there take my elderly brother with health issues he loves it there I myself spent many nights on cat lake. And your staff are brilliant.i know off thread but deserves a mention
pemps

Post by pemps »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:24 pm He could have been offered a game to game contract fare to both parties & insurance would have paid his wages when injured all player have to be insured
How does that work in a salary capped sport?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:33 pm I’m bloody fuming if this is right 🤬
Dom has shown nothing but bravery & may I say loyalty to Wigan when he was thinking of jacking it in.

He’s been a good servant to Wigan & this has added to a very depressing week!
+1
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:37 pm I am surprised by the conclusions being reached here. Shouldn’t he be grateful to the club for standing by him for year after year? We renewed his contract when he had already had a litany of fitness issues behind him. We are the ones who have supported him, and nursed him back to fitness - if he has to go (and I hope he stays, because I think he is fantastic when fully fit) then I think the club has nothing to be ashamed of. I would also note that, on Saturday, he had a couple of opportunities to really stretch out, but looked bereft of confidence - maybe his speed has gone.
I have sympathy with this point of view, not many clubs would show so much patience with a player. Hopefully Dom can find his fitness and resign at the end of the season.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It seems strange that the club would stick by him just to say you can leave before we are even half way through the season.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:40 pm It seems strange that the club would stick by him just to say you can leave before we are even half way through the season.
Wigan seem to do it on a regular basis,Micky Mac Sam T spring to mind,nurse them back and then get rid as they show a return to form,odd when you think about it really