Small Updates.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
widdenoldboy

Re: Small Updates.

Post by widdenoldboy »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:35 pm With all due respect to the young props, where they’ll play isn’t a priority when it comes to the first team being successful . If they’re good enough they’ll get games here and if they’re not then they won’t. We’ve put ourselves in a position of having to play 5 young forwards on a regular basis and at 19, 20, 21 etc you have to be one hell of a player to hold down a regular spot at a really big club. We’ve got 5 doing it and all bring plenty to the table but we’re asking too much of them to be playing week in week out. They need help badly and they need games out of the fire now and again. Them having to really earn their place and also us having the ability to dip them in and out won’t hurt them, in fact it is the complete opposite IMO. It’s hurting them more what they’re being asked to do at the minute.
Great post - hits the nail right on the head.
WWRL

Post by WWRL »

Mitch Clark has joined Newcastle on loan...interesting
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

WWRL wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:00 pm Mitch Clark has joined Newcastle on loan...interesting
I think it’s been a bit of a disaster his signing really
WWRL

Post by WWRL »

And apparently we’re linked with Abbas Miski?? Never heard of him but he’s playing for London Broncos. Could bring him and Hankinson back together
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

WWRL wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:25 pm And apparently we’re linked with Abbas Miski?? Never heard of him but he’s playing for London Broncos. Could bring him and Hankinson back together
Winger who played at Manly. 25 years of age.
DaveO

Small Updates.

Post by DaveO »

Charriots Offiah wrote:
WWRL wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:25 pm And apparently we’re linked with Abbas Miski?? Never heard of him but he’s playing for London Broncos. Could bring him and Hankinson back together
Winger who played at Manly. 25 years of age.
I think “played at Manly” is no doubt technically true but a regular first grade NRL player for Manly he wasn’t which could be misconstrued from the above statement. Edit: he played six games for them.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

2 tries in 6 NRL appearances
8 tries in 8 Championship appearances
9 tries in 9 Lebanon appearances

I cant believe people who don't know who he is seem to be writing him off on social media already.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

It’s all about the roles these lads are being signed to fulfil that we need to know before making sound judgment. If Thornley, Mason and this guy are coming in as starters, then we clearly are stripping back on costs and must have real financial issues. If they’re being signed to add the depth we’ve missed this season and we feel comfortable doing that because there will be reserve rugby next year, then it’s happy days.

Until we know that it’s hard to praise the club or criticise.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

NICKYKISS wrote:It’s all about the roles these lads are being signed to fulfil that we need to know before making sound judgment. If Thornley, Mason and this guy are coming in as starters, then we clearly are stripping back on costs and must have real financial issues. If they’re being signed to add the depth we’ve missed this season and we feel comfortable doing that because there will be reserve rugby next year, then it’s happy days.

Until we know that it’s hard to praise the club or criticise.
I don’t get this notion we are signing players like Mason, Thornley and this bloke so we can field a reserve team.

First of all why would they sign to play primarily in the reserves?

We need a couple of props and centres for the first team which means at least as far as the pack goes the young props would drop down to be spelled between the reserves and first team as they should be so we would not need Mason.

We also have the academy production line to feed into the reserves.

So unfortunately these look more like first team signings to me and the last time the club kidded itself championship standard players we good enough we nearly ended up in it!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dan2266 wrote:2 tries in 6 NRL appearances
8 tries in 8 Championship appearances
9 tries in 9 Lebanon appearances

I cant believe people who don't know who he is seem to be writing him off on social media already.
Well if they find out that’s his record I am sure they will continue to write him off. A 23 game career at age 25 with only six in the NRL isn’t going to get anyone exited.