Shaun Wane Potential role.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Shaun Wane Potential role.

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:28 pm What would you do Nathan to change things with the players we have got. Somethings got to change as Hull KR and now Wakefield who were just as depleted as us have beaten us in the last two games, are you happy?
The cavalry are coming ........... Clubb and Singleton!

I have written this season off so I am more than happy for our young guns to gain more experience. My primary goal would be to sign Havard and KPP to long-term contracts and search the globe for a couple of props who could aid their development in 2022.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:39 am
Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:32 am
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:33 am My biggest issue with what's going on is, I simply don't get excited or look forward to Wigan playing anymore. as much as it pains me to say Id rather watch a neutral game (as I did last night)

The other issue I have is the likes of Warrington, Hull FC & Castleford... they will all post similar losses to Wigan, but all you see and hear is them still recruiting at a good level. We are in danger of being left behind even more than we already have been. (I know we made a Semi last year and were the bounce/kick of a ball away from winning the GF) but since then we have/are losing Burgess, Gildart, Hastings & Probably French & Isa. So far we have recruited 2 Leigh players and Winger from the championship, I'm not writing those players off as they may well come good for us, but its far from inspiring is it?

I have said previous what the plan was/is in regards to recruitment for 2022, then go bigger in 2023/2024, I fear by then it will be far too late. We can not afford to carry on going backwards at the rate we are.

Like you all rightly say, its nonsensical the idea of offering a poor product and expecting the fans to still flock back post Covid.

I really am worried for the future of this once great club.

PS I've not heard anything of any plans to sack Lam, I personally believe he will be let go at the end of the season. However, there may well be (almost certainly) on goings that I'm not aware of regards to a lot of things.
Warrington are raiding Castleford I'd hardly call that inspiring just Powell keeping his comfort zone.

Other than Williams who have Warrington, Hull FC & Castleford signed that in a normal none covid world you'd consider?

Westerman wouldn't have even been looked at last year, sign of the market.
Wire - Matautia, Holmes, Williams. all 3 would walk into our side.

Cas - Westerman walks into our side. trying to sign Sneyd, walks into our side.

Hull FC - Chairman has indicated he will invest. Retaining their top OOC players and not losing them to rival clubs.

Satae - The exact type of prop Wigan need and we were nowhere near even enquiring even though he was OOC.

Other clubs seem to have their house in order. We do not.

The biggest club in the country being made to look like a laughing stock.
That list kind of proves my point about how poor the market it, you wouldn't touch most of those a year ago.

I didn't realise Snyed was available, i don't fully rate him but he is the exact type of half we need to pair with Harry Smith and would fix goal kicking.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:52 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:38 pm The problem is we have so many youngish players and we are desperately trying to keep hold of them all. Ok maybe we will be does that mean we can't compete for more experienced players.

So if we couldn't afford to keep all of them, which ones do we keep and which are released, bear in mind which ever go, other people will be waiting for them to prove us wrong.

Monie once said you should have 2-3 younger players alongside more experienced players, so of these who would you keep.

Smith
Byrne
Partington
Shorrocks
Havard
Smithies
KPP

The ones l would choose at the moment ( if l had to ) would be Smith, because he is trying behind a pack that’s not performing so is not at his best.Smithies, because of his defence. Maybe if he played hooker it wouldn’t weaken us in defence, and, because he has so many games under his belt he may have learned something about passing to first receiver and when to miss him out; and KPP, because he is the nearest thing to a ball playing loose forward we have. At least when he played in the last two games he looks to pass out of the tackle which no-one else seems to do. I really hope he can kick on from here.

As for Harvard,Shorrocks, Partington, and Byrne, Lam picks them week in, week out even though they make the same mistakes, but unfortunately he has nobody else to pick until he gets some backs playing, then forwards can be forwards again.They would benefit from a battle hardened prop to shout at them when they give a daft free kick away , then a right bo— king when they do it twice, and the possibility of being dropped for the next game.

All that revolves around a prop signing this season, who knows who is available in Australia as other teams seam to find them.What l can’t get my head around is why we didn’t move heaven and earth to sign Chris Satae for next season with Hull seemingly in a worse financial position than us ( l hope ).
Thankfully no-on will take any notice of the above so l can’t be blamed if the coaching works and we manage to hammer Wire, and Saints the game after that, everything will then be peachy again and Lam will be a worldbeater
we have Singleton, Bullock, Clubb and Clark who should all be regular 1st team props who are far from pulling their weight / poorly managed or whatever

The young lads should be getting 1 or 2 games, then rested with the other 4 playing the bulk of the games and supported by the youngsters. They are getting hammered unfairly by our fans, when it should be the senior guys taking it. They should be the ones leading the pack and supporting the young ones

with Wigan at the minute is it the complete opposite and we are going to burn them out / lose them to another club or injury as the supposed 1st team props arent doing it. 10-15 minutes and then the last 5, i wish my job was so easy. Log on for the 1st hour, put my feet up and then log on at 5 til i switch off at 5.30 :), whilst my daughter does all my work for me :)
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fizz Bomb wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:28 pm What would you do Nathan to change things with the players we have got. Somethings got to change as Hull KR and now Wakefield who were just as depleted as us have beaten us in the last two games, are you happy?
I’m not happy no.

But moving a second rower to hooker would make things worse.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 pm
I’m not happy no.

Or just put tommy there
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:54 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:12 pm
I’m not happy no.

Or just put tommy there
Agreed!

Lam preferred Hastings there back end of last season over Tommy.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

If the decision is made to delay the World Cup until next year we could see Waney make an immediate return to the club.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 1:19 pm If the decision is made to delay the World Cup until next year we could see Waney make an immediate return to the club.
I wouldn't be against that, he’s already involved in recruitment anyway for 2022 onward so he may as well start his role early and get to grips with it before the start of the new season
Charriots Offiah

Get Wane back now before our season totally disintegrates.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Rumours of Danny Ward being involved next season, not heard anything personally I've just seen it flying about on twitter