Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Recruitment.

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Good thing is none big money signings so there is still hope of a top marquee half back on the radar.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:33 am Good thing is none big money signings so there is still hope of a top marquee half back on the radar.
I think they’ll play field and smith in the half’s next season
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

A new hooker would be nice
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Barney841 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:10 am A new hooker would be nice
Give O'Brien more game time .
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:24 am
Give O'Brien more game time .
Don’t you mean O’Neill?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:33 am Good thing is none big money signings so there is still hope of a top marquee half back on the radar.
Optimism! I like it.

Just dug out recent NRL match of Bunnies v North Queensland, Mago (Magoo?) came of the bench and looked solid.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Have you been told that or are you assuming? By the way, I hope you are right.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The two young hookers did a fine job on Friday. Along with Powell, we’re absolutely covered in that area for me. I’d like to see us sign Bourouh back on and ask those two young lads to really push Powell for his place. Brad O’Neill looks unbelievably comfortable for an 18 year old and Bourouh offers a real point of difference getting out of dummy half.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:47 pm

The two young hookers did a fine job on Friday. Along with Powell, we’re absolutely covered in that area for me. I’d like to see us sign Bourouh back on and ask those two young lads to really push Powell for his place. Brad O’Neill looks unbelievably comfortable for an 18 year old and Bourouh offers a real point of difference getting out of dummy half.
We should send one out on loan next year or it will stall development.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:12 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:47 pm

We should send one out on loan next year or it will stall development.
I’d go with that, especially if it was a season in superleague for one of them. I’d probably edge towards O’Neill being the lad to go out for a full season. I think he’s talented enough to make the hooking role his own at Wigan but probably not next season and as his style is more similar to Powell. I think a year away would serve him very well. If we signed Bourouh up to a new deal, he offers something different from the bench to Powell and the balance feels a bit better. The longer term view would be that O’Neill fights for the starting spot the following season IMO.