Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Recruitment.

Post by Dan2266 »

"lots going on behind the scenes" apparently, the club are trying to sign forwards and are looking overseas for OOC players.

I've asked again why the players who have signed for 2022 have not been announced and I've also asked why players we have OOC that have signed new contracts have not been announced (bar French). My "source" is as puzzled and perplexed as most of us.

The lack of interaction from the club is frightening. Its almost like they are trying to hide behind the players rallying cries on social media and are hoping once we win a couple of games the disgruntlement from the fans will die down.
Caboosegg

Re: Recruitment.

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 pm "lots going on behind the scenes" apparently, the club are trying to sign forwards and are looking overseas for OOC players.

I've asked again why the players who have signed for 2022 have not been announced and I've also asked why players we have OOC that have signed new contracts have not been announced (bar French). My "source" is as puzzled and perplexed as most of us.

The lack of interaction from the club is frightening. Its almost like they are trying to hide behind the players rallying cries on social media and are hoping once we win a couple of games the disgruntlement from the fans will die down.
Sport is fickle! if we go on another winning streak the only ones that will remember this bad patch will be the vocal minority on forums.

The management shouldn't though they are there to plan long term, so while fans can enjoy the ups and downs the club need to be working to prevent the downs.

I don't mind losing, I expect it while we are down on numbers. it's the way we lose.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:20 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 pm "lots going on behind the scenes" apparently, the club are trying to sign forwards and are looking overseas for OOC players.

Sport if fickle if we go on another winning streak the only ones that will remember this bad patch will be the vocal minority on forums.

The management shouldn't though they are there to plan long term so while the fans can enjoy the ups and downs the club need to be working to prevent the downs.

I don't mind losing, I expect we are Down on numbers but it's the way we lose.
That’s a big iff.
geddard

Post by geddard »

Hopefully Corey Jensen from Cowboys and Patrick Mago from Rabbitohs that were after,Tom Davies back would be another good signing
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

geddard wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:14 pm Hopefully Corey Jensen from Cowboys and Patrick Mago from Rabbitohs that were after,Tom Davies back would be another good signing
Davies has signed a new deal at Catalan, not sure its been announced yet though
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 pm
geddard wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:14 pm Hopefully Corey Jensen from Cowboys and Patrick Mago from Rabbitohs that were after,Tom Davies back would be another good signing
Tom won’t come back any time soon & the same as Sam Tomkins is very happy over there.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:53 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 pm
Tom won’t come back any time soon & the same as Sam Tomkins is very happy over there.
I believe he has also already signed a new deal
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Renouf Atoni ...... Anyone know anything about him, we have supposedly offered him a deal.
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

Can’t understand why we are not in for Sezer, ideal replacement for Hastings. Leeds seemed to be in the running, why not us?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Graham1 wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:34 am Can’t understand why we are not in for Sezer, ideal replacement for Hastings. Leeds seemed to be in the running, why not us?
I'm not convinced we aren't still in the running to be fair, He earns a lot at Huddersfield and will inevitably need to take a pay cut where ever he goes, We offered Williams a very good deal, what's to say we wont/haven't offered similar to Sezer. :roll:

I was told we were still talking to him after being offered him a few weeks back, but was also told its almost inevitable he ends up at Leeds.