Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
God2

Re: Recruitment.

Post by God2 »

If we are looking at Marshall then despite his age, him and French would be terrifying in an attacking role.

Field once he gets his confidence back and Marshall in the halves would look dangerous.

Sorry but I think Harry Smith isn’t good enough.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Harry Smith is an excellent player he is just being smothered as he is playing behind a pack with no penetration and has no space to work
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:24 pm Harry Smith is an excellent player he is just being smothered as he is playing behind a pack with no penetration and has no space to work
Plus too much pressure & responsibility for a young lad!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

hes 21, thats not so young
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ddtftf wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:24 pm Harry Smith is an excellent player he is just being smothered as he is playing behind a pack with no penetration and has no space to work
Whilst you can see the potential (Leigh game for example), he has been terrible most of this season, as have most of the team.

Being behind a weakened pack, constantly changing team & a clueless one doesn’t give him much opportunity to progress and impress.

However, whatever excuses we think of for Smith, the amount of passes hitting the floor and kicks out on the full is shocking.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:07 pm
Whilst you can see the potential (Leigh game for example), he has been terrible most of this season, as have most of the team.

Being behind a weakened pack, constantly changing team & a clueless one doesn’t give him much opportunity to progress and impress.

However, whatever excuses we think of for Smith, the amount of passes hitting the floor and kicks out on the full is shocking.
I do feel he’s just potential nothing more and gets an easy ride for his at times very poor displays.

I hope he can turn it round.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Harry Smith has been overhyped, its not his fault, he is average at best. I personally don't think he will get much better.

For context Jake Trueman is 22. Harry Smith is nowhere near his level, but you'd think he should be the way fans go on about him.

He isn't under performing, he just simply isn't good enough, In my opinion
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:05 am Harry Smith has been overhyped, its not his fault, he is average at best. I personally don't think he will get much better.

For context Jake Trueman is 22. Harry Smith is nowhere near his level, but you'd think he should be the way fans go on about him.

Not a defence of Smith but I imagine Trueman would be just as bad in our team.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Ive yet to see smith at first receiver this season….. jacko and himare both trying to play seven imo…… we are desperate for a running stand off for smith to pair with
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:05 am Harry Smith has been overhyped, its not his fault, he is average at best. I personally don't think he will get much better.

It does seem he’s being classed as the next big thing after one game for the schoolboys a few years back,Will he get better I hope so but I fear he won’t.

Just like another recent example is Ryan Hampshire he seemed to be a legend before he’d established himself,there’s still time for Smith but at present he should be nowhere near the first team.

I ask myself this would we as fans let Williams get away with poor performance after poor performance I suspect not.