Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Recruitment.

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:09 am
jackthelad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:45 am
lucky 13 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:21 pm Rather see how the London lad goes to be honest than Eden.. also with Marshall Bibby Halsall and Hanley think we have cover. Field could lay a lot of worries over a half to one side over next few weeks though we need cover or quality depending on that.
A good centre would be more of a priority for me squad wise than wing looking at the makeup as it stands or with Thornley. Obviously Zak situation and how Field goes would play major roles on what we need to add.
Forwards seem pretty strong depth wise again a lot will depend on impact of Mago and Ellis.
Personally still think Bullock could kick on but happy enough with the two lads coming in over Clubb and Clarke.
Again Havard, Byrne, Partington and I suppose you can add Smithies all have questions to what level they kick on to Singleton Im fine with personally.
Back row with Faz Bateman KPP and Isa looks as good as any we can add Partington Havard into the 13 mix Smithies loose and second row. Hooker obviously Powell mainly and O'Neil to play more.
That London lad has been going great with HANKINSON as his centre partner
What is your connection to Hankinson? It’s getting boring now.
He was loaned out to the Championship for a reason. If he was good enough for Wigan, and Wigan wanted to loan him out, Super League clubs would of been all over him. There's also a reason everyone we loan out has a recall clause... apart from Hankinson. Not good enough.
bertina

Post by bertina »

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:21 pm Rather see how the London lad goes to be honest than Eden.. also with Marshall Bibby Halsall and Hanley think we have cover. Field could lay a lot of worries over a half to one side over next few weeks though we need cover or quality depending on that.
A good centre would be more of a priority for me squad wise than wing looking at the makeup as it stands or with Thornley. Obviously Zak situation and how Field goes would play major roles on what we need to add.
Forwards seem pretty strong depth wise again a lot will depend on impact of Mago and Ellis.
Personally still think Bullock could kick on but happy enough with the two lads coming in over Clubb and Clarke.
Again Havard, Byrne, Partington and I suppose you can add Smithies all have questions to what level they kick on to Singleton Im fine with personally.
Back row with Faz Bateman KPP and Isa looks as good as any we can add Partington Havard into the 13 mix Smithies loose and second row. Hooker obviously Powell mainly and O'Neil to play more.
Isn't it just.!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Hidden gems do get found in the division below but how many examples has there been of a player good enough to be a Wigan starter down there for years on end?

I agree with Dan. If he was good enough for Super League, he’d have been bought by now. I suppose time will really tell when his contract is up and where he ends up.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:57 am

He was loaned out to the Championship for a reason. If he was good enough for Wigan, and Wigan wanted to loan him out, Super League clubs would of been all over him. There's also a reason everyone we loan out has a recall clause... apart from Hankinson. Not good enough.
Dan, you are so wrong on this, your details are disappointing and incorrect

I do know why he went to London after recently speaking to his agent, whether he told me a load of BS or not, I can only go off what he said
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jackthelad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:33 am

I do know why he went to London after recently speaking to his agent, whether he told me a load of BS or not, I can only go off what he said

No Super league clubs wanted him. that's a fact. Leigh enquired, but at the time they weren't Super League.

His agent tried to get him a move to Salford but they didn't want him.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

At least you’ve confirmed some form of connection to him that’s confirming your bias.

Why was he at Swinton if he was so good?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:58 am

At least you’ve confirmed some form of connection to him that’s confirming your bias.

Geez Nathan, he is a Wigan player he signed from Swinton if you remember?Wigan signed him, deemed good enough by Wane!

I'll sod off now, this is getting boring 🤣🤣
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

jackthelad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:34 am

Geez Nathan, he is a Wigan player he signed from Swinton if you remember?Wigan signed him, deemed good enough by Wane!

Deemed good enough by Wane? Hankinson was signed in July 2018. Lam arrived in August. he wasn't a Wane signing at all. he was a cheap squad player signed for his potential for peanuts.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Hankinson was a wane signing
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:18 pm
jackthelad wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:34 am

Deemed good enough by Wane? Hankinson was signed in July 2018. Lam arrived in August. he wasn't a Wane signing at all. he was a cheap squad player signed for his potential for peanuts.
Wasnt he signed as a stop gap as we had no centre replacements? I think he debuted against saints
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE