Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Graham1

Re: Recruitment.

Post by Graham1 »

Be surprised if Watson left after all the recruiting he’s done. We should have gone for him last year.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Just been reading some stuff and for all you Hank lovers, he’s coming back next season.
Our choice of centres will be thornley, hanks, bibby and I’m guessing maybe Zak, if french plays FB.
That London winger Miski is coming in to replace manfredi, and the prop we’ve been looking at in the Nrl is unnamed, the Atoni is mentioned but has been said it’s highly unlikely.
Field and smith to be the halves next season I think, field will feel like a new signing it’ll be good to see what he’s made of. Think we missed a trick with not signing Sezer though
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:49 am Just been reading some stuff and for all you Hank lovers, he’s coming back next season.
Our choice of centres will be thornley, hanks, bibby and I’m guessing maybe Zak, if french plays FB.
That London winger Miski is coming in to replace manfredi, and the prop we’ve been looking at in the Nrl is unnamed, the Atoni is mentioned but has been said it’s highly unlikely.
Field and smith to be the halves next season I think, field will feel like a new signing it’ll be good to see what he’s made of. Think we missed a trick with not signing Sezer though
Well obviously he is coming back, he is only on loan.... That doesn't mean he will be staying at Wigan, that also doesn't mean if he does stay he will play. He isnt good enough, or he would of been loaned to another super league side.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Hanks is as good as anyone we've got playing centre right now!
Is he a world beater? Probably not! He is good enough to hold a place in this squad and is a far better goal kicker than anyone currently playing for Wigan.
No one will ever convince me that in last year's GF if our right side had been Hanks and Zac we'd have won by more than one score. Bibby had a mare and Zac's missed goals were crucial.
The obvious alternative is to buy a world beating centre who can kick goals at 85-90%. Trouble is there isn't one around who we could afford.

If Hanks returns then he has to play and be the squad first choice goal kicker.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wes wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:36 pm I’d take Watson!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Me too
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

Dan2266 wrote:
Barney841 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:49 am Just been reading some stuff and for all you Hank lovers, he’s coming back next season.
Well obviously he is coming back, he is only on loan.... That doesn't mean he will be staying at Wigan, that also doesn't mean if he does stay he will play. He isnt good enough, or he would of been loaned to another super league side.
He's just as good as any of our centres atm and the big plus is he can kick goals!! 2 points win matches!

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

pearsy

Post by pearsy »

So do try's and we are not scoring many of them
pemps

Post by pemps »

JimmyMagnets wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:00 pm...2 points win matches!
Not this season it doesn't
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

We could have lost 24-14 if we'd just taken the points under the sticks. Didn't even need a kicker for those. Saints took all their twos.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:12 pm We could have lost 24-14 if we'd just taken the points under the sticks. Didn't even need a kicker for those. Saints took all their twos.
Correct Mike and taking two is sometimes a way of applying pressure to the opposition or, in our case, relieving pressure by getting on the scoreboard.