Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cherry toffee

Re: Recruitment.

Post by cherry toffee »

It was the same against HKR four penalties before they scored all turned down 8-0 different game
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

pemps wrote:
JimmyMagnets wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:00 pm...2 points win matches!
Not this season it doesn't
You know what I mean Pemps[emoji57]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:34 pm
geddard wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:14 pm Hopefully Corey Jensen from Cowboys and Patrick Mago from Rabbitohs that were after,Tom Davies back would be another good signing
Davies has signed a new deal at Catalan, not sure its been announced yet though

Announced now
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dan2266 wrote:
Barney841 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:49 am Just been reading some stuff and for all you Hank lovers, he’s coming back next season.
Our choice of centres will be thornley, hanks, bibby and I’m guessing maybe Zak, if french plays FB.
That London winger Miski is coming in to replace manfredi, and the prop we’ve been looking at in the Nrl is unnamed, the Atoni is mentioned but has been said it’s highly unlikely.
Field and smith to be the halves next season I think, field will feel like a new signing it’ll be good to see what he’s made of. Think we missed a trick with not signing Sezer though
Well obviously he is coming back, he is only on loan.... That doesn't mean he will be staying at Wigan, that also doesn't mean if he does stay he will play. He isnt good enough, or he would of been loaned to another super league side.
Why would he have gone to another SL side? Does any other SL side need a centre for a year and has room under the cap to pay his wages?

I suspect the only reason he’s not back is IL doesn’t want to pay the wages. It will have been cheaper to recall academy loanees from places like Widnes than recall Hankinson.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:03 pm
Dan2266 wrote:
Barney841 wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:49 am Just been reading some stuff and for all you Hank lovers, he’s coming back next season.
Our choice of centres will be thornley, hanks, bibby and I’m guessing maybe Zak, if french plays FB.
That London winger Miski is coming in to replace manfredi, and the prop we’ve been looking at in the Nrl is unnamed, the Atoni is mentioned but has been said it’s highly unlikely.
Field and smith to be the halves next season I think, field will feel like a new signing it’ll be good to see what he’s made of. Think we missed a trick with not signing Sezer though
Well obviously he is coming back, he is only on loan.... That doesn't mean he will be staying at Wigan, that also doesn't mean if he does stay he will play. He isnt good enough, or he would of been loaned to another super league side.
Why would he have gone to another SL side? Does any other SL side need a centre for a year and has room under the cap to pay his wages?

I suspect the only reason he’s not back is IL doesn’t want to pay the wages. It will have been cheaper to recall academy loanees from places like Widnes than recall Hankinson.
It will but I like the academy loanee (O'Neill), I think he has potential and he will benefit from the experience.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote:

If he is that good, why did no SL clubs want him? If no other SL clubs want him, why should Wigan settle for him?

I will eat my words if he proves me wrong next season but I very much doubt it, and I still think he will leave.
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

I think what most people are thinking is that our centres at the moment are no better than Hank is. Think most people want him back because he has that goal kicking ability that we don't have currently. We would definitely be a better with him in the side . Personally I'd have him back next season

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Dan2266 wrote:

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... op-3298263

Apparently he can't be recalled, but don't let alternative views get in the way, after all the club said they hadn't discussed it and Hanks posted a shrug :)

This also may be wrong as its only a newspaper website.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am
Dan2266 wrote:

Apparently he can't be recalled, but don't let alternative views get in the way, after all the club said they hadn't discussed it and Hanks posted a shrug :)

Manchester evening news disputes this printed in March this year
That has left some fans wondering whether the club could recall Hankinson, who has joined Championship club London Broncos on a season-long loan. However, the Warriors can recall Hankinson at any time should they wish to do so.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am
Dan2266 wrote:

Interesting article, so no new signings for this season and no option for Hank this season.