Recruitment.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Recruitment.

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am
DaveO wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:03 pm
Why would he have gone to another SL side? Does any other SL side need a centre for a year and has room under the cap to pay his wages?

I suspect the only reason he’s not back is IL doesn’t want to pay the wages. It will have been cheaper to recall academy loanees from places like Widnes than recall Hankinson.
https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... op-3298263

Apparently he can't be recalled, but don't let alternative views get in the way, after all the club said they hadn't discussed it and Hanks posted a shrug :)

This also may be wrong as its only a newspaper website.
Manchester evening news disputes this printed in March this year
That has left some fans wondering whether the club could recall Hankinson, who has joined Championship club London Broncos on a season-long loan. However, the Warriors can recall Hankinson at any time should they wish to do so.
So newspaper articles contradicting each other as to whether he can be recalled so we are none the wiser.

If he can’t then as as posted elsewhere the club was stupid to put itself in that position.

He’s the very definition of a squad player. The type of player fans seem quite keen on and often give players that label to justify the signing of an unexciting player who can cover injuries.

So what do Wigan do? Send their cover at centre on loan when we started the season missing Gildart for weeks (which was daft enough in itself) and due to injury and suspension even though Gildart is now back, just two injuries and we are using second rows as centres. And we have no goal kicker.
Gerrumonside

Re: Recruitment.

Post by Gerrumonside »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:35 am
jaws1 wrote:
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:31 am

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... op-3298263

Apparently he can't be recalled, but don't let alternative views get in the way, after all the club said they hadn't discussed it and Hanks posted a shrug :)

This also may be wrong as its only a newspaper website.
Manchester evening news disputes this printed in March this year
That has left some fans wondering whether the club could recall Hankinson, who has joined Championship club London Broncos on a season-long loan. However, the Warriors can recall Hankinson at any time should they wish to do so.
So newspaper articles contradicting each other as to whether he can be recalled so we are none the wiser.

If he can’t then as as posted elsewhere the club was stupid to put itself in that position.

He’s the very definition of a squad player. The type of player fans seem quite keen on and often give players that label to justify the signing of an unexciting player who can cover injuries.

So what do Wigan do? Send their cover at centre on loan when we started the season missing Gildart for weeks (which was daft enough in itself) and due to injury and suspension even though Gildart is now back, just two injuries and we are using second rows as centres. And we have no goal kicker.
Have to admit it has a lot of us confused…
jackthelad

Post by jackthelad »

I remember a time when the club used to do reports on players out on loan, not seen anything for some time

Wonder if Lam has even had a catch up with Hank to see how he's doing?

Its quite strange and another example of mis management that a recall hasn't been included
moto748

Post by moto748 »

jackthelad wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm I remember a time when the club used to do reports on players out on loan, not seen anything for some time

Wonder if Lam has even had a catch up with Hank to see how he's doing?

Its quite strange and another example of mis management that a recall hasn't been included
That's a good point.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 pm "lots going on behind the scenes" apparently, the club are trying to sign forwards and are looking overseas for OOC players.

I've asked again why the players who have signed for 2022 have not been announced and I've also asked why players we have OOC that have signed new contracts have not been announced (bar French). My "source" is as puzzled and perplexed as most of us.

The lack of interaction from the club is frightening. Its almost like they are trying to hide behind the players rallying cries on social media and are hoping once we win a couple of games the disgruntlement from the fans will die down.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-21059254

Must of been me guessing again.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:58 am
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:40 pm "lots going on behind the scenes" apparently, the club are trying to sign forwards and are looking overseas for OOC players.

I've asked again why the players who have signed for 2022 have not been announced and I've also asked why players we have OOC that have signed new contracts have not been announced (bar French). My "source" is as puzzled and perplexed as most of us.

The lack of interaction from the club is frightening. Its almost like they are trying to hide behind the players rallying cries on social media and are hoping once we win a couple of games the disgruntlement from the fans will die down.
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... s-21059254

Must of been me guessing again.
I also believe we are looking at a halfback, also I’ve heard a rumour that water is wet and the sun is hot.

I’m absolutely confident 99% of people on here could make the assumption we were looking at out of contract forwards.

Non of us, like you, could provide any more details.

I’m waiting for the next breaking scoop that we have resigned Powell and Bibby.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

95% of what I've posted has happened. everyone else can see that. The other 5% is because things change, or what I was told was incorrect. not my fault.

I've sent out a DM to someone today detailing another few things that have happened.

and when it does happen. they will back me up on that.

I've stopped posting as much for a reason, its not worth the hassle from folk like yourself who cant comprehend people find things out or are well connected. and even when constantly right get accused of lying to make friends :lol: :lol:
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

95% of what I've posted has happened. everyone else can see that. The other 5% is because things change, or what I was told was incorrect. not my fault.

I've sent out a DM to someone today detailing another few things that have happened.

I've stopped posting as much for a reason, its not worth the hassle from folk like yourself who cant comprehend people find things out or are well connected. and even when constantly right get accused of lying to make friends :lol: :lol:
I haven’t seen you post one thing that has come true to be honest.

Just very vague generalisations that every man and his dog can see needs to happen.

Like I said I don’t know anyone at Wigan but I’m breaking the story now that we will either be signing or re-signing a 9 and a utility back/centre.

My favourite has to be IFL is potentially considering maybe making an approach for Flanagan.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jonh wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:18 pm

Just very vague generalisations that every man and his dog can see needs to happen.

Like I said I don’t know anyone at Wigan but I’m breaking the story now that we will either be signing or re-signing a 9 and a utility back/centre.

My favourite has to be IFL is potentially considering maybe making an approach for Flanagan.
Give it a rest! Dan has posted plenty that has come true.

So please stop with the condescending remarks & insults. We don’t do that on here. Thank you
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:18 pm
StanleyJean1 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:12 pm If you throw enough s**t eventually some will stick!

Laughing stock :roll:

How is the fact they are considering approaching a player not news? Id list all the things I've said that came true but Id be here all day. the only one that didn't come off granted was Williams.

You must of missed a hell of a lot of what I have posted.

Granted some of the things ive posted "obviously need to happen" but me posting saying they HAVE happened is totally different.