Paul Vaughan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Blackpool_Pie

Paul Vaughan

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Not exactly a rumour, but would he be a good player to sign asap? Struck off in the NRL after his house party shenanigans during lockdown.
From what I remember, hes a big unit, quick and mobile with a good engine and scores fairly frequently for a prop. He'd certainly be the number 1 prop at the club if he were to sign tomorrow.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Paul Vaughan

Post by Mike »

As someone pointed out on another thread, his NRL ban would be upheld here too so he won't be available for some time.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

8 games. Nothing more than tony clubb
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Stories from down under suggest he's a fading star on the field and a whole load of trouble off it. His ban is for off the field problems.
Can't see us going for him at all.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:01 am 8 games. Nothing more than tony clubb
Yep, but 8 games from now. So we'd not see much benefit for a while.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I think his eight games only start when he signs for a club.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:43 am Stories from down under suggest he's a fading star on the field and a whole load of trouble off it. His ban is for off the field problems.
Can't see us going for him at all.
Spot on, his form and go-forward not the same as a few years ago. Certainly no role model for our young pack members.
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, he is trouble. Over here this summed it up perfectly well, he's played for his state and been in the Kangaroos squad, is no longer a young lad but he isn't in the St George leadership group.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
kitt green warriors

Post by kitt green warriors »

Also, wherever he goes he's having a hair cut to his wages and the rumoured figure will be around $400k to $500k. We can't put that much into a player like him.
I always knew that I liked this place, you don't have to look to far to find a friendly face, I feel alive when I'm walking on this street, I feel the heart of this city pounding underneath my feet, yeah if the world keeps spinning round and round this is were it all goes down,down,down, THAT'S WHY I LOVE THIS TOWN!.
Bon Jovi "Lost Highway" 2007
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

There are better forwards on the market that are more suited to our needs.