Kyle Flanaghan.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Kyle Flanaghan.

Post by josie andrews »

ManxWarrior wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 8:58 pm
Dan2266 wrote:Wigan are considering making an enquiry to his representatives.

Personally not sure it will go any further than an enquiry (if they decide to make contact) as he has 2 years left on his current deal at $400k per year and I can not see him wanting to move to England.
Wonder if the enquiry has been progressed….

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... r-21110992

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would hope so as I always rated him but then we would have the problem of too many half backs!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Personally not sure it will go any further than an enquiry (if they decide to make contact) as he has 2 years left on his current deal at $400k per year and I can not see him wanting to move to England.

We spoke to his reps to gauge his thoughts on a move to England and it was positive, I believe now the fact he is “being offered to SL clubs” is so that they have a few offers for Wigan to compete against, rather than being his only option. I will try to find out more over the weekend
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 pm

We spoke to his reps to gauge his thoughts on a move to England and it was positive, I believe now the fact he is “being offered to SL clubs” is so that they have a few offers for Wigan to compete against, rather than being his only option. I will try to find out more over the weekend
You said it mate, I hope it now happens so that you can prove the doubters wrong 😀. We will have to let one of our overseas players go to accommodate him though.
StanleyJean1

Post by StanleyJean1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:29 am Wigan are considering making an enquiry to his representatives.

I’ve made no secret of my thoughts on Dan, but if this turns out to be true. I’ll personally meet him at a game in the future and apologise to his face!
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

StanleyJean1 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:20 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:29 am Wigan are considering making an enquiry to his representatives.

I’ve made no secret of my thoughts on Dan, but if this turns out to be true. I’ll personally meet him at a game in the future and apologise to his face!
No need to apologise mate, If it happens or doesn't happen, its out there now all I was told was that we were considering an enquiry I didn't have anymore info than that, yes it was vague, but its all I got. It seems a bit more advanced with him coming to the Super League…Wigan are speaking to his reps and the Bulldogs. I say Super League and not England because Catalan are serious contenders as well. They are the only side Wigan are concerned about. However, Both Wigan & Catalan need outgoings before they can sign Flanagan.

I honestly don't know which way this one will go, Wigan want him and are hopeful thats all Im getting at the moment
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:57 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:33 pm

You said it mate, I hope it now happens so that you can prove the doubters wrong 😀. We will have to let one of our overseas players go to accommodate him though.
I would imagine that player is Tommy L
Graham1

Post by Graham1 »

More interested in his dad. His son would be a bonus. Would put pressure on Smith and Field to perform. If we need to make overseas room Mitch Clarke comes to mind, or TL if he counts
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Graham1 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:15 am More interested in his dad. His son would be a bonus. Would put pressure on Smith and Field to perform. If we need to make overseas room Mitch Clarke comes to mind, or TL if he counts
Doesn’t Tommy count as a non federation trained player? Isn’t that what it’s called??

Thought Tommy first came over here at 17 to play for London!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

was 19 wasnt he? Clark was born here so must have dual citizenship and he also never played pro rugby in the NRL only ever over here, was hoping Tommy goes at the end of the year, hes already 2 years overdue
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Flanaghan does arrive then there's no need for Tommy to go around again.