Matt Peet New Head Coach 2022

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Smithy82

Matt Peet New Head Coach 2022

Post by Smithy82 »

Adrian lam leaving at end of season and matt peet will be new head coach and shaun wane will be returning but he will be going up stairs
Graham1

Re: Matt Peet New Head Coach 2022

Post by Graham1 »

Lam needed to be replaced. But disappointed that we still have the old boys network, would have been good to bring someone in with new ideas and connections.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

What is the experience and credentials of Matty Peet?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam future update

Adrian Lam’s time at Wigan is allegedly coming to an end.

That’s according to rugby league journalist Mick Gledhill who posted this on Twitter, though the Wigan club have yet to confirm or deny reports after being contacted by Serious About Rugby League:

https://twitter.com/thegamecaller/statu ... 64001?s=21

Lam has been in charge at the DW Stadium since 2019 and has overseen a Grand Final in his time at charge.

However, the former PNG star has come under fire in 2021 following a series of losses, though they have now won three on the bounce against Huddersfield (twice) and Wakefield.

With Shaun Wane set to rejoin Wigan, it may well appear as though the Warriors could be heading in a new direction from next season onwards.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/adrian-l ... ate-41429/

I find this strange, as Matty has been adamant in the past that he doesn’t want to be a head coach!

Maybe it’s an interim, similar to Lammy’s was re the Edwards fiasco??
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Smithy82 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:05 pm Adrian lam leaving at end of season and matt peet will be new head coach and shaun wane will be returning but he will be going up stairs
Shaun Wane has already returned. He is in the job already. Just not officially.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No surprise really Lam has been underwhelming at best a shambles at worst.

Peet seems to me at least is a perfect 2nd in command but we shall see,I always felt they’d look inwards rather than go outside for the next coach
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Low cost option but it may be the right choice, we'll just have to wait and see. People seem to rate Matty so best of luck to him. I just hope he's allowed to do things his way and then we'll know who deserves the credit/blame. What we need in the next couple of years is for our youngsters to develop and want to stay and to hear that good players from elswhere actually want to come and play for the Warriors.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Excellent News. Well done Matty.

With Waney having overall rugby control and Matty as head coach that suits me fine.
Next year is the club's 150th anniversary as we all know and having a coaching team who are Wigan through and through IMO is what we need.

The club have the coaching team in place for next season and new signings made and next years squad almost sorted.

Onward and Upward.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Sounds like a cheap option to me but fair enough.
As long as Lam is being replaced I’m willing to give him a chance.
If we see a little improvement in how we play, he will of outdone Lam.
Lam was a bad appointment, maybe not his fault but still a bad one, it shows why he’s never been offered a coaching job with a club before
pedro

Post by pedro »

heard this a few weeks ago, a few more things to come if what I heard is true, big overhaul