Corey Norman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Corey Norman

Post by fozzieskem »

Must admit I heard the Miller one while Wigan were playing Wakey something along the lines of “ I can’t believe Wigan are interested in him..Miller”,solid player to me nothing more though.

I do feel Wigan should have had a look at Austin,yes he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but if you can motivate him there is a decent player in there,as for Gale I can’t see much of a future him at led a.
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Was told Salford are chasing Gale quite hard...also that Wakefield are looking at/possibly even talking to Zak for next year and Wigan have given blessing? Info from c/exec at Salford (who isn't directly involved in recruitment) so no real depth other than rumblings at that level. Salford likely to lose/offload quite a few players at year end.

Jacob Miller would be an outstanding addition, IMO, really haven't seen the best of him yet and at 27/28 he would be a fantastic long-term partner for Harry Smith.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

irl_warr wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:32 pm Was told Salford are chasing Gale quite hard...also that Wakefield are looking at/possibly even talking to Zak for next year and Wigan have given blessing? Info from c/exec at Salford (who isn't directly involved in recruitment) so no real depth other than rumblings at that level. Salford likely to lose/offload quite a few players at year end.

Jacob Miller would be an outstanding addition, IMO, really haven't seen the best of him yet and at 27/28 he would be a fantastic long-term partner for Harry Smith.
I think Miller is one of those players who,operate ‘under eye level”so you don’t always appreciate what he does
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We need a full back! 🤓
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:12 pm
pedro wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:38 am yeah I heard that weeks ago...
Well done you, I’ve not being told anything, not pretending like I have. its just a rumour going round.

Luke Gale too, but that was inevitable after this mornings news
I posted it on here, said if we fail to get him heard Tommy is going round again
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

If I was Norman and the choice was between the south of France or Wigan I know where I’d be going. Sunny France all day! Ps don’t really rate him anyway.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:58 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:12 pm
pedro wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:38 am yeah I heard that weeks ago...
Well done you, I’ve not being told anything, not pretending like I have. its just a rumour going round.

Luke Gale too, but that was inevitable after this mornings news
I posted it on here, said if we fail to get him heard Tommy is going round again
As it currently stands Tommy has agreed to join the coaching staff full time for 2022
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

Was with Luke at weekend and he told me Austin had signed weeks ago for them, and he’s been told by Leeds that they see Austin as a 1 of 13.

Cas want Luke, he won’t go back, because his words “facilities are shit” so he will only go somewhere decent, I said what about wakey I’ve heard them mentioned, he said he would retire first, then I asked about us and he just laughed and said who knows, it’s early days, think his agent goes shopping him about, but I can only see us as an ideal placement, if he doesn’t get us, or a top team, he will keep taking his wage every week from Leeds

He’s not happy though after other week, he was getting sprayed for some defence against Catalans, he held a player up in tackle, player broke away, he argued he held him up but no one came in 2nd man, it escalated from there, he was peeved off none of his teammates stood up for him, apart from ash handley, so he left the video session and went home, but says now he doesn’t feel same after the lads didn’t have his back
jobo

Post by jobo »

shawxshark wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:51 pm Was with Luke at weekend and he told me Austin had signed weeks ago for them, and he’s been told by Leeds that they see Austin as a 1 of 13.

Cas want Luke, he won’t go back, because his words “facilities are shit” so he will only go somewhere decent, I said what about wakey I’ve heard them mentioned, he said he would retire first, then I asked about us and he just laughed and said who knows, it’s early days, think his agent goes shopping him about, but I can only see us as an ideal placement, if he doesn’t get us, or a top team, he will keep taking his wage every week from Leeds

He’s not happy though after other week, he was getting sprayed for some defence against Catalans, he held a player up in tackle, player broke away, he argued he held him up but no one came in 2nd man, it escalated from there, he was peeved off none of his teammates stood up for him, apart from ash handley, so he left the video session and went home, but says now he doesn’t feel same after the lads didn’t have his back
Wonder if Catalans are in the mixture?

Ideal replacement for Maloney
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:28 pm We need a full back! 🤓
We have French for next year?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."