DW Stadium

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Graham1

DW Stadium

Post by Graham1 »

Looks like new owners are making it known that this is a football stadium with putting the believe slogan over the reception. And also the possibility of the red seats being replaced with white.!
josie andrews

Re: DW Stadium

Post by josie andrews »

Graham1 wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:17 pm Looks like new owners are making it known that this is a football stadium with putting the believe slogan over the reception. And also the possibility of the red seats being replaced with white.!
Heard it was blue seats!! Also been told by someone at the club that all hospitality & around the foyer etc are all Latics pictures no RL!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

New stadium time, convert the one next door, our own piedome
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

At least they will get a big crowd friday and next tuesday when the footy play a big club
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

The condition of the stadium is something that's been bugging me since we came back. The majority of seats are faded in colour, There are a fair few broken seats near me. The lady who sits on the end of my row had to move a couple of weeks ago because her seats were broken. She reported it at the Wire game and it still wasn't fixed at the Salford game. On more than one occasion i've turned up to find my seat caked in bird muck. In summary the stadium is in serious need of some TLC. Compare it with the HJ, you might not like wire, but the HJ is always immaculate when we go there.

Given that we've moved all of our facilities out of the stadium and into the Robin Park building (Reception, offices, shop etc, i'm not surprised that they're putting latics branding on it as it's where they're running their operation from. Colour of the seats again doesn't bother me as long as they're clean and comfortable (and not broken) Providing that the wall murals within the concourses stay (the rugby ones) and i'd like to see the South Stand Flags back up for our games too.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I said to my wife at the first game back how shabby the place looked so new seats are needed again it doesn’t bother me what colour they are to be fair they want blue sod em it’s their stadium we are just tenants.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Colour of the seats doesn't matter. The intention should be to have people sat on them so no one notices the colour. They can also be covered with large flags and banners too.

It's a stadium owned by Latics. They have no reason to have anything to do with RL on the walls in the hospitality areas of anyone else. It's a football stadium that has tenants.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:32 am Colour of the seats doesn't matter. The intention should be to have people sat on them so no one notices the colour. They can also be covered with large flags and banners too.

It's a stadium owned by Latics. They have no reason to have anything to do with RL on the walls in the hospitality areas of anyone else. It's a football stadium that has tenants.
That is true but the owner's income stream is affected by the number of RL fans that attend so he should be looking to harness a positive relationship.

Difficulties arose before the first game of the season which, incidentally, was nearly played at Leigh because the two parties could not agree on the rent. It is clear that the current ownership do not want to honour the past arrangement.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:32 am
EagleEyePie wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:32 am Colour of the seats doesn't matter. The intention should be to have people sat on them so no one notices the colour. They can also be covered with large flags and banners too.

That is true but the owner's income stream is affected by the number of RL fans that attend so he should be looking to harness a positive relationship.

Difficulties arose before the first game of the season which, incidentally, was nearly played at Leigh because the two parties could not agree on the rent. It is clear that the current ownership do not want to honour the past arrangement.
The new owners sorted and agreed rent when they bought stadium as part of their income revenue along with corporate income hence Wigan moving a lot of income generation to Robin park. So can't see how that was the issue as it's legally binding on both parties.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:01 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:32 am

The new owners sorted and agreed rent when they bought stadium as part of their income revenue along with corporate income hence Wigan moving a lot of income generation to Robin park. So can't see how that was the issue as it's legally binding on both parties.
No they didn’t.