Eden & Miller To Wigan ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Eden & Miller To Wigan ?

Post by Dan2266 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:52 am
Dan2266 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:39 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:13 am

Where have you heard this?
Yeah, where have you heard this........

I mean I revealed lastnight it was Eden who chose to stay at his current club,
But the Miller situation is messy, the contract offer isnt strictly legit at this moment in time as he isnt a free agent yet. but the offer is based on him being a free agent.
Maybe you know what you’re talking about after all :lol: :lol:

No mate I just make stuff up and then it magically happens a few days later 🤣🤣
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

Miller could be another Blake Green. When he came from Hull KR the ever irritating "Not Wigan Standard" line was pedalled around. Miller and Smith would be a combination worth watching.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:A few weeks ago when I heard the Jacob Miller rumour I thought why him?

Then I remembered the games that while not “showy”or anywhere near the level of Hastings (who is really?)he was a player that always seemed to be at the heart of Wakeys attack I think he would be a decent signing.

Now of course the clarion call will arrive that he’s “not Wigan standard”whatever that means but I think there’s a decent player there given the right coach and the keyboard coaches should perhaps delay their ire and see if he does sign and how good he is?
The fact you even have to right that shows how far our recruitment ambitions have fallen.

On another thread we have the Hankinson debate (again) and in that one argument is, if Hankinson was any good why hasn’t he been picked up by another SL side?

So why doesn’t that apply here? Look who Saints and Wire have recruited at half back and we are looking at a mid to low table teams no 7.

The trouble is, what you have written above is something being said repeatedly at the moment. The exact same sort of comments are used to justify signing the winger from London. Let’s see how he goes? Really?

Why are Wigan even interest in signing players who we wonder are good enough? Surely with our so called production line the only players we should be signing from outside the club are top class players. Not the likes of this pair.

The sad fact is Wigan are busy assembling a mid table side.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:57 pm
fozzieskem wrote:A few weeks ago when I heard the Jacob Miller rumour I thought why him?

Then I remembered the games that while not “showy”or anywhere near the level of Hastings (who is really?)he was a player that always seemed to be at the heart of Wakeys attack I think he would be a decent signing.

Now of course the clarion call will arrive that he’s “not Wigan standard”whatever that means but I think there’s a decent player there given the right coach and the keyboard coaches should perhaps delay their ire and see if he does sign and how good he is?
The fact you even have to right that shows how far our recruitment ambitions have fallen.

On another thread we have the Hankinson debate (again) and in that one argument is, if Hankinson was any good why hasn’t he been picked up by another SL side?

So why doesn’t that apply here? Look who Saints and Wire have recruited at half back and we are looking at a mid to low table teams no 7.

The trouble is, what you have written above is something being said repeatedly at the moment. The exact same sort of comments are used to justify signing the winger from London. Let’s see how he goes? Really?

Why are Wigan even interest in signing players who we wonder are good enough? Surely with our so called production line the only players we should be signing from outside the club are top class players. Not the likes of this pair.

Not disagreeing with you but in Millers case he is a player he does his job quietly and well in as far as it goes,but look at who he’s replacing a top drawer talent who all but has wasted his time at Wigan frankly.

I do feel the production line isn’t as good as Wigan fans and management think it is,they’re under the illusion because they came up through the ranks they’ll be world beaters,most won’t sad to say
Dawson26

Post by Dawson26 »

We need a winger french is best at fb we got Marshall who is oft injured n the bee guy - centres hardaker n Bibby possibly - need a Strike centre to replace gildart - thornley not the answer
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Who have Saints recruited for half back?
Charriots Offiah

Dawson26 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:11 am We need a winger french is best at fb we got Marshall who is oft injured n the bee guy - centres hardaker n Bibby possibly - need a Strike centre to replace gildart - thornley not the answer
We should have retained Davies, he is far better than what we have got.
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:07 am

Not disagreeing with you but in Millers case he is a player he does his job quietly and well in as far as it goes,but look at who he’s replacing a top drawer talent who all but has wasted his time at Wigan frankly.

I do feel the production line isn’t as good as Wigan fans and management think it is,they’re under the illusion because they came up through the ranks they’ll be world beaters,most won’t sad to say
Greg and Giz couldn’t play behind this pack, we need some hard nosed forwards.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:30 am

By the looks of it they’re going with Dodds aren’t they with Lomax?
Charriots Offiah

fozzieskem wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:35 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:30 am

By the looks of it they’re going with Dodds aren’t they with Lomax?
Yes but they both came from their junior system.