Bateman back to NRL Roosters

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Bateman back to NRL Roosters

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:30 pm Ever thought its the coach he has lost the dressing room the lads dont like the game plan so just going through the motions
Not disagreeing with you but I ask again on current form Leigh would be a more reasonable destination than the NRL.we all know how good a player he is so something is clearly wrong somewhere.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

My son was talking to George Williams this morning in the Lean Kitchen owned by Kev Brown and he says that the Wigan young props are excellent prospects but is concerned they are getting battered every week without protection from big experienced props.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:30 pm Ever thought its the coach he has lost the dressing room the lads dont like the game plan so just going through the motions
This. Sums it up perfectly. But Wigan have been happy to let this continue knowing the coach has lost 90% of the players.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:00 am My son was talking to George Williams this morning in the Lean Kitchen owned by Kev Brown and he says that the Wigan young props are excellent prospects but is concerned they are getting battered every week without protection from big experienced props.
So pretty much what everyone on this bird has been saying for months then,I’d we can see this then why not the coaching staff at Wigan ?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

In my opinion the big part of the problem we are in is the Lam's bloody mindedness. If he makes a decision that is surprising to most people and it doesn't come off he will not change his mind admit the fact and try something else . He just digs his heels in . The Hastings to full back instead of trying Hanley first comes to mind as does the Bullock , Clarke and refusing to play a hooker if Powell is not available . The man won't put his hand up and admit it didn't work or say I got it wrong .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

If true it would explain why his mind has been elsewhere this season
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

I'm not arguing that Bateman might be wanted for an NRL return but can't see the current malaise over our coaching being the reason.

Lam will not be at Wigan next season and I'm sure Peet (or Wane) haven't created such a negative aura before even being instilled.

If I'm a betting man (which I'm not) I would guess it's more to do with promises and arrangements being made to him at the time of his leaving Canberra that Wigan are now reneging on
Back by demand.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

ddtftf wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:36 pmback to NRL
https://everythingrugbyleague.com/nrl-c ... 67MJkWNeMo
Back-rower John Bateman left the Canberra Raiders at the end of the 2020 NRL season to return home to Wigan and cited homesickness as the big reason for his move back to the United Kingdom; however, the 27-year-old is already being linked with a move back to the NRL.

The Australian’s Brent Read is reporting that multiple NRL clubs are looking to secure Bateman’s services from 2022 and beyond.

“John’s had a bit of a mixed time over in Wigan,” said Read on Triple M.

“He’s had some injuries, he’s only just recently come back from injury on the bench for a battling Wigan team.

“There is a bit of mail going around that there are a couple of NRL clubs are circling Johnny Bateman at the moment, just keeping an eye on things, potentially with the view to bring him back to the NRL next year.

“His partner’s actually from Australia, I think she is from Canberra, so there’s a bit of mail that she’s restless.”

Bateman returned to Wigan this year on a monster four-year-deal, that is believed to be the most lucrative in Super League history, meaning the Warriors would need to be sold on a pretty good offer to be willing to release him to any club, not to mention the fact that Bateman himself may be unwilling to return to Australia, as the driving factor for his return to Wigan was so he could live with and watch his young daughter grow up, who he was forced to have a long-distance relationship with during his time at the Raiders.
Back by demand.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Lam has lost the players and the supporters. His team selection leaving experienced props in the stands whilst the young guys are getting a battering every game seems utter nonsense. His game plan in fixtures where clubs have played four and five games less than us is ridiculous.

The sooner he goes the better for all our sakes including his own. As to who replaces him remains to be seen. For the sake of the club we need both experience and someone who can bring an improvement to the way we play. A head coach who can come up with new moves/plays that the opposition will not expect and the crowd will enjoy watching.