Jacob Miller

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Jacob Miller

Post by Dan2266 »

Did mention this a month ago.... The article isn't really correct though, as in the current situation

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby- ... ed-3374242
pedro

Re: Jacob Miller

Post by pedro »

yeah I heard this 2 months ago, heard on friday now though its switched to leno
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:36 pm yeah I heard this 2 months ago, heard on friday now though its switched to leno
Its not a game of top trumps lad bloody hell :lol: :lol:

I posted we've offered him a deal a month ago that's what I'm on about "the article isn't really correct"

The other halfback not named in the article is probably Flanagan.

It stinks of Wigan briefing some out of date news, just to give them something to write.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

The link was barely an article dreadful read
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:21 pm The link was barely an article dreadful read
He’s literally just been told that to stop him pestering the club I think 🤣
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Did someone mention Flanagan? Is that Kyle Flanagan, the former Roosters half? If so, I sat in front of him on a flight from UAE to Sydney, when the Roosters were on their way back from winning the WCC last year. We got chatting, and he was a really really nice guy. Sorry that’s such a name drop, but I was impressed by his perspective on the world game - we were chatting about SL’s standard and the game in France.
From what I recall from watching him, he would be a great signing for us. I will probably find that you meant Freddie Flanagan, Swindon’s 34 year old reserve stand off, whom we’re signing on a marquee deal...
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Perhaps just me but I get the impression from what the club has said about £73k being available after a half back, that the half back has already been signed.
It may be the case that said half back doesn't want it announced until his club's season has finished.
It has happened before.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Not necessarily. The consensus is the club has 150k for a half back on the cap available as that is the maximum salary you pay before making the player a marquee player. If they pay that much they have £73k left on the cap. So the actual cap space is £223k and £73k is all that will be left if they push the boat out for a half back.

Doesn’t mean they will pay a wage of £150k of course.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:13 pm Not necessarily. The consensus is the club has 150k for a half back on the cap available as that is the maximum salary you pay before making the player a marquee player. If they pay that much they have £73k left on the cap. So the actual cap space is £223k and £73k is all that will be left if they push the boat out for a half back.

Doesn’t mean they will pay a wage of £150k of course.
Whilst the £150k / Marquee theory makes sense….

How do we know French doesn’t earn above £150k and will be our other marquee along with Bateman?

Just because he wasn’t a marquee at the start of the season (Burgess, Bateman) doesn’t mean he either isn’t one now or won’t be one next year.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Millers way more advanced than the article suggests….. but its not done.