Lee Briers

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fan4Fifty

Re: Lee Briers

Post by Fan4Fifty »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm What I can't understand if this is the case if a new coach is coming in surely IL and KR have learned from Edward's fiasco to let new coach pick his coaching staff as buck stops with him. If true it's obvious peet being a frontman puppet with someone higher making decisions for him. Please don't let it be wane.
At the fans forum, IL was emphatic that the policy is not to allow incoming coaches to bring their own back room staff, the logic being that the club didn't want to be in a position of wholesale change each time there was a change of head coach and that there is an element of continuity by not having complete clear outs. Not saying it's the right approach but is the club policy.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Fan4Fifty wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:02 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm What I can't understand if this is the case if a new coach is coming in surely IL and KR have learned from Edward's fiasco to let new coach pick his coaching staff as buck stops with him. If true it's obvious peet being a frontman puppet with someone higher making decisions for him. Please don't let it be wane.
At the fans forum, IL was emphatic that the policy is not to allow incoming coaches to bring their own back room staff, the logic being that the club didn't want to be in a position of wholesale change each time there was a change of head coach and that there is an element of continuity by not having complete clear outs. Not saying it's the right approach but is the club policy.
IL did cover this and we simply cannot afford to do it.

We have had lot's of success operating this way.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:09 pm

I have to say on this issue I totally agree with IL unless the back room staff all up sticks and leave the sport as a whole can’t replace back room staff chosen by a certain coach after he may leave after a year it’s too much risk for a cash poor sport
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

coxy2912 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:57 pm Why is that obvious? Could mean the new head coach is already in place and has selected LB?

I don't get all the negativity regarding Wane. He won things. Moan about Wane, moan about Edwards and Moan about Lam. What do fans want? Live in dream world half the time.
To move on to new things and not live in the past, all other teams manage to do this, why can't we
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

coxy2912 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:57 pm Why is that obvious? Could mean the new head coach is already in place and has selected LB?

I don't get all the negativity regarding Wane. He won things. Moan about Wane, moan about Edwards and Moan about Lam. What do fans want? Live in dream world half the time.
No us fans are quite entitled to moan we spend hard earned cash and plenty of it I have 3 season tickets. And with the squad we have should not be watching the shxt we have been served up as for Edward's he is nothing but a shxt who used the club who made him a star to get more money out of union never intended to come to Wigan. Wane is outdated predictable boring rubbish England job will prove that. Sick of all this job's for the boys tripe if you're happy with that fine but don't expect me to be and not complain about it. Believe it or not Wigan are in big trouble and if you think matty peet with wane is the answer then you're deluded.
keptinthedarkfans

Can't argue with that only to say. I believe new coach new ideas .
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:55 pm

Can't argue with that only to say. I believe new coach new ideas .
I completely agree and I am personally worried about the potential of Pete being appointed with none / not many internal changes to the other key positions. How much can/will things really change with Lam out, Pete promoted?

(Before anyone says, this is different on many levels to when when Wane got promoted).

I hope there is some truth in the Briers meeting. Would hopefully give our attack a breath of fresh air.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm

No us fans are quite entitled to moan we spend hard earned cash and plenty of it I have 3 season tickets. And with the squad we have should not be watching the shxt we have been served up as for Edward's he is nothing but a shxt who used the club who made him a star to get more money out of union never intended to come to Wigan. Wane is outdated predictable boring rubbish England job will prove that. Sick of all this job's for the boys tripe if you're happy with that fine but don't expect me to be and not complain about it. Believe it or not Wigan are in big trouble and if you think matty peet with wane is the answer then you're deluded.
Watch the 2013 GF we were anything but predictable and boring.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

As far as Briers is concerned, he would be a very good fit and what the club should be looking for.
A coach, assistant presumably, who can bring something new to the club. Probably an attacking flair that very few coaches can bring in this era.

We need plays/moves that the opposition will not expect and not have any rehearsed defensive structure to deal with. Many years ago at Wilderspool we won there something like 43-34 with scores every five minutes.
Don't know how many times Wire kicked off but I counted at least eight different styles of kick off that Lee Briers came up with. I'll bet Wire won possession out of six of them. These days we get the same kick off caught by a player stood in the same field position waiting for the ball to drop into his hands without moving. We might get a short kick off with 10 to go depending on the score but that might be it.

I'd have signed Briers yesterday in the belief he could bring new and exciting style of rugby to the club.
keptinthedarkfans

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:15 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:39 pm

Watch the 2013 GF we were anything but predictable and boring.
Where in 2021 and you can only find 1 game 😂