Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Caboosegg

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by Caboosegg »

Firestarter wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:36 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:50 pm
bill.inger wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:13 pm Why doesn't he want to live in Wigan?
I suspect he lived rent free in Joel Tomkins place and surely now there is a club house empty after Lam has left, or is this one reserved for the 'as yet un-named' new coach.
I just wonder if it is reserved for another Australian coach.
Wife apparently struggling after giving birth to new baby and wants to be closer to home / family.
ru his agent nathan? Hes a professional rugby player playing for the most famous team in the world…… we pulled him out of the doghouse for his umpteenth chance…… ohhh boo hoo the m62 is so busy…… i might see if i can change jobs so i dont have to drive to work…… my point is if hes not happy get rid
The m62 is horrible at rush hour, outside of that no so much, with the time he has to be in Wigan for training, I can't see him hitting rush hour. An hour each way is not alot for a well paid job.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:41 pm
Firestarter wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:36 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:50 pm

Wife apparently struggling after giving birth to new baby and wants to be closer to home / family.
ru his agent nathan? Hes a professional rugby player playing for the most famous team in the world…… we pulled him out of the doghouse for his umpteenth chance…… ohhh boo hoo the m62 is so busy…… i might see if i can change jobs so i dont have to drive to work…… my point is if hes not happy get rid
The m62 is horrible at rush hour, outside of that no so much, with the time he has to be in Wigan for training, I can't see him hitting rush hour. An hour each way is not alot for a well paid job.
Exactly and a very good job at that
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

It's a lot longer than an hour's drive from Ponte to Wigan. Don't know what time training starts but early morning on the M62 is awful.
I honestly can't see Zac at Wigan next season. I would very much like to but can't see it.
Lumbernator

Post by Lumbernator »

Who cares really, if he wants to go home and his wife and kid are wanting to go home who is anyone to say he can't, french and hanley already and field who can also play that position. Use his salary for another position which we need.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:35 pm It's a lot longer than an hour's drive from Ponte to Wigan. Don't know what time training starts but early morning on the M62 is awful.
I honestly can't see Zac at Wigan next season. I would very much like to but can't see it.
That’s an excuse we all travel to work some more than others I know plenty of people who travel upwards of an hour each way to work so tough I have very little sympathy with a car drive in a posh car,call me callous but there you go.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:35 pm It's a lot longer than an hour's drive from Ponte to Wigan. Don't know what time training starts but early morning on the M62 is awful.
It's around 1h 15m so not much longer, I remember Millom to Manchester airport daily when I was a young adult, No fun in the middle of winter
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:14 pm
That’s an excuse we all travel to work some more than others I know plenty of people who travel upwards of an hour each way to work so tough I have very little sympathy with a car drive in a posh car,call me callous but there you go.
Well, would you do that if the exact same job was available much closer to home without the 3 hours in the car every day?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mike wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:56 pm
Well, would you do that if the exact same job was available much closer to home without the 3 hours in the car every day?
Depends to be honest just because a job is closer unless you take the work mates with you it’s not the same is it?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Is it really the exact same job?

No
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:30 pm

Is it really the exact same job?

No
You're right, it might be better!

Move to another firm, in the same role, for the same pay, admittedly with different colleagues in a different building, but to get rid of an issue like a commute that you were sick of. I'd do that. Maybe others wouldn't. If I had an work environment issue I didn't like, I'd look to resolve it somehow.

This is not neccessarily the situation for Zak, but negotiations to get to something like that sound like they're going on.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐