Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by fozzieskem »

Dan2266 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:08 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 am IF that's the end of it hopefully he doesn't sulk. Personally I still think we may not have heard the last of this.

The sooner the rumours around Bevan/Field are clarified as well the better.

I've heard nothing to suggest Field & French wont be here next season.
Turns out we haven't heard the last of this…
French and Field?

Or Zak “I can’t drive the m62 each day boohoo even though thousands can and do for less money and no fame”hardaker?

Both are becoming long winded saga’s
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

jackthelad wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:59 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:03 pm
Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:56 pm

Top goalkickers win games, semi finals and finals as Botica, Farrell & Richards proved.
You're not classing Hankinson in that company surely?

Top class kicker fo win games of course
Fozzie, I will make this statement right here, Other moments obviously had an impact on the game, stupid pen c/o Smithies and Zac bounce of a ball gave them lot the win

That said, if Hankinson had been kicking in the GF I believe Wigan would've won!!
I don’t think Wigan would have won that game,Hankinson while a nice lad isn’t the answer to wigans centre problems nor will he be either.

I fully respect your viewpoint though mate
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I'd have Hankinson back.
That he wasn't given a chance by Lam is indicative of the coaches fixation with various players and IMO not a criticism of CH.

That we will have a better season 2022 than 2021 is something I'm utterly convinced about.
There are various components to that and having players playing in their best positions is a massive one.
That Thornley has been signed as a left centre to replace Gildart seems very sensible. Likewise Hankinson can play right centre and can pass to the right. He is obviously a very good goalkicker something that was a major problem last year. Alternative centres don't seem available in abundance so go with what we've got.

Backs of French, Miski, Hankinson, Thornley, Marshall, Field and Smith is a very capable one with pace no other SL club can remotely compete with.
Forwards now include Ellis and Mago to add size, mobility and (we are told) long minutes. Again something that was lacking last season.

Zac seems determined to leave so I don't see a problem in allowing him to go. After all, what's the point of keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you when there are plenty on the books who do? He can and will be replaced as is normal for any club when players leave for whatever reason.
There is nothing sensible about signing Thornley. He not good enough and Gildart having a poor season doesn’t change that.

I also have no idea how you can conclude a back line that has Hankinson and Thornley in it is one that has “pace no other SL club can remotely compete with”. They are both slow. Smith isn’t exactly quick either. The real speedsters in that list we know about are French & Field (not sure how fast Miski is or not).
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:23 pm
That he wasn't given a chance by Lam is indicative of the coaches fixation with various players and IMO not a criticism of CH.

That we will have a better season 2022 than 2021 is something I'm utterly convinced about.
There are various components to that and having players playing in their best positions is a massive one.
That Thornley has been signed as a left centre to replace Gildart seems very sensible. Likewise Hankinson can play right centre and can pass to the right. He is obviously a very good goalkicker something that was a major problem last year. Alternative centres don't seem available in abundance so go with what we've got.

Backs of French, Miski, Hankinson, Thornley, Marshall, Field and Smith is a very capable one with pace no other SL club can remotely compete with.
Forwards now include Ellis and Mago to add size, mobility and (we are told) long minutes. Again something that was lacking last season.

Zac seems determined to leave so I don't see a problem in allowing him to go. After all, what's the point of keeping a player who doesn't want to play for you when there are plenty on the books who do? He can and will be replaced as is normal for any club when players leave for whatever reason.
There is nothing sensible about signing Thornley. He not good enough and Gildart having a poor season doesn’t change that.

I also have no idea how you can conclude a back line that has Hankinson and Thornley in it is one that has “pace no other SL club can remotely compete with”. They are both slow. Smith isn’t exactly quick either. The real speedsters in that list we know about are French & Field (not sure how fast Miski is or not).
Marshall has lost pace also.

Some on here think he’s the best and fastest winger in super league!
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:09 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:08 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:56 am IF that's the end of it hopefully he doesn't sulk. Personally I still think we may not have heard the last of this.

The sooner the rumours around Bevan/Field are clarified as well the better.

I've heard nothing to suggest Field & French wont be here next season.
Turns out we haven't heard the last of this…
French and Field?

Or Zak “I can’t drive the m62 each day boohoo even though thousands can and do for less money and no fame”hardaker?

Both are becoming long winded saga’s
Hardaker pal, fully understand where he is coming from but he is handsomely paid for the inconvenience of travel , French I'm not 100% sure he will return but it is highly likely he does.
Field will be back not even a question on that.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:11 am

Did you ignore Marshalls magic weekend stats when you posted that?

The Warriors' Liam Marshall hit 21.92 miles per hour to notch the highest tally for the two days at St James' Park, with Warrington try-scorer Josh Thewlis clocking 21.81mph to finish just behind him.

Quickest player in all 6 games.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:19 am

The Warriors' Liam Marshall hit 21.92 miles per hour to notch the highest tally for the two days at St James' Park, with Warrington try-scorer Josh Thewlis clocking 21.81mph to finish just behind him.

I didn’t ignore those stats.

It is entirely possible he can lose pace and still rank number one top speed at magic right? How long did it take him to reach that speed? How long can he sustain it?

I also said some on here think he’s the best and fastest winger in super league.

Since you’re quoting those speed stats, which don’t give the full picture and need context, I am right since he isn’t number 1 fasted in super league is he?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

But Marshy is still quick!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am

It is entirely possible he can lose pace and still rank number one top speed at magic right? How long did it take him to reach that speed? How long can he sustain it?

I also said some on here think he’s the best and fastest winger in super league.

Since you’re quoting those speed stats, which don’t give the full picture and need context, I am right since he isn’t number 1 fasted in super league is he?
No he is not but still faster than most in sl and that is over pitch length. Don't get the putting down of him he is as solid a winger as most in sl and I'm happy with him playing for us.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am

No he is not but still faster than most in sl and that is over pitch length. Don't get the putting down of him he is as solid a winger as most in sl and I'm happy with him playing for us.
It’s more a general concern for our likely back line next year.

1 - French, 2 - Marshall, 3 - Hardaker, 4 - Thornley, 5 - Miski, 6 - Smith, 7 - Tommy