Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by Charriots Offiah »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:19 am

Did you ignore Marshalls magic weekend stats when you posted that?

The Warriors' Liam Marshall hit 21.92 miles per hour to notch the highest tally for the two days at St James' Park, with Warrington try-scorer Josh Thewlis clocking 21.81mph to finish just behind him.

Quickest player in all 6 games.
I didn’t ignore those stats.

It is entirely possible he can lose pace and still rank number one top speed at magic right? How long did it take him to reach that speed? How long can he sustain it?

I also said some on here think he’s the best and fastest winger in super league.

Since you’re quoting those speed stats, which don’t give the full picture and need context, I am right since he isn’t number 1 fasted in super league is he?
No he is not but still faster than most in sl and that is over pitch length. Don't get the putting down of him he is as solid a winger as most in sl and I'm happy with him playing for us.
He's definitely the best winger we have.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:17 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:30 am

I didn’t ignore those stats.

It is entirely possible he can lose pace and still rank number one top speed at magic right? How long did it take him to reach that speed? How long can he sustain it?

I also said some on here think he’s the best and fastest winger in super league.

Since you’re quoting those speed stats, which don’t give the full picture and need context, I am right since he isn’t number 1 fasted in super league is he?
No he is not but still faster than most in sl and that is over pitch length. Don't get the putting down of him he is as solid a winger as most in sl and I'm happy with him playing for us.
It’s more a general concern for our likely back line next year.

1 - French, 2 - Marshall, 3 - Hardaker, 4 - Thornley, 5 - Miski, 6 - Smith, 7 - Tommy
Out of that the only thing that concerns me is 6 and 7 that worries me need a attacking half back preferably who can kick. Not going to happen tho. Unless there's one that as not been discussed on here. Miller /Gayle. Don't want to come and if being honest don't think they'd fit. Gayle just had bad op so to much of a risk. Miller one trick pony easier to read than a road sign
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I thought we are in the market for a.half?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:22 pm I thought we are in the market for a.half?
Well if we are we still need to reduce our overseas players by one since the re-signing of Tommy, so whoever it is needs to be British or we have to release yet another overseas player
Back by demand.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:13 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:17 am

It’s more a general concern for our likely back line next year.

1 - French, 2 - Marshall, 3 - Hardaker, 4 - Thornley, 5 - Miski, 6 - Smith, 7 - Tommy
Out of that the only thing that concerns me is 6 and 7 that worries me need a attacking half back preferably who can kick. Not going to happen tho. Unless there's one that as not been discussed on here. Miller /Gayle. Don't want to come and if being honest don't think they'd fit. Gayle just had bad op so to much of a risk. Miller one trick pony easier to read than a road sign
Hope its a "No Entry" sign :)

Miski looks promising, decent pace and good balanced runner. He does have a good understanding with Hankinson - so maybe a positive there, if we are looking for positives of course.
DaveyGolb

Post by DaveyGolb »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:49 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:22 pm I thought we are in the market for a.half?
Well if we are we still need to reduce our overseas players by one since the re-signing of Tommy, so whoever it is needs to be British or we have to release yet another overseas player

Tommy isn't classed as an overseas player as his development was in the UK - or so I'm led to believe. I think its been discussed on another topic on here?
Happy to be proven wrong like, just relaying information
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

DaveyGolb wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 am Tommy isn't classed as an overseas player as his development was in the UK - or so I'm led to believe. I think its been discussed on another topic on here?
He is classed as an overseas player

All the rubbish about Scottish grandmothers etc was thrown out
Leuluai was born in Auckland, New Zealand, and is of Samoan and Māori descent.

Leuluai's father is former Maori representative/New Zealand international James Leuluai, who scored two tries for Hull F.C. in the 1985 Challenge Cup Final 6 weeks before Thomas was born. Thomas was educated at Mount Albert Grammar School where he attended school with fellow rugby league players Sonny Bill Williams, Steve Matai and Tevita Latu. Leuluai's brother Macgraff Leuluai currently plays for Widnes Vikings, his uncle Phillip Leuluai played for Salford City Reds and his cousin Kylie Leuluai played for the Leeds Rhinos.

Playing career
New Zealand Warriors
Leuluai started his professional career at National Rugby League side New Zealand Warriors in 2003. He also played for the Junior Kiwis. At the time of his début he was the youngest player to play for the club,

In 2004, Leuluai signed a contract with Super League side London Broncos as a replacement for Dennis Moran who had left the Broncos to join the Wigan Warriors.

Leuluai agreed a three-year deal with Wigan Warriors in December 2006 after months of speculation and rumours.
Why would he get any dispensation?

The longer serving overseas all now count.

It was simplified so each club can sign a maximum of 7

It is only Wigan that have mismanaged the overseas quota to such an extent that we have no places left and needed to fund Mitch Clark's departure to register one of either Mago, Miski or Ellis
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Leuluai
Back by demand.
keptinthedarkfans

buttmonkey2 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:24 pm
DaveyGolb wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:54 am Tommy isn't classed as an overseas player as his development was in the UK - or so I'm led to believe. I think its been discussed on another topic on here?

Leuluai's father is former Maori representative/New Zealand international James Leuluai, who scored two tries for Hull F.C. in the 1985 Challenge Cup Final 6 weeks before Thomas was born. Thomas was educated at Mount Albert Grammar School where he attended school with fellow rugby league players Sonny Bill Williams, Steve Matai and Tevita Latu. Leuluai's brother Macgraff Leuluai currently plays for Widnes Vikings, his uncle Phillip Leuluai played for Salford City Reds and his cousin Kylie Leuluai played for the Leeds Rhinos.

Playing career
New Zealand Warriors
Leuluai started his professional career at National Rugby League side New Zealand Warriors in 2003. He also played for the Junior Kiwis. At the time of his début he was the youngest player to play for the club,

In 2004, Leuluai signed a contract with Super League side London Broncos as a replacement for Dennis Moran who had left the Broncos to join the Wigan Warriors.

Leuluai agreed a three-year deal with Wigan Warriors in December 2006 after months of speculation and rumours.

It is only Wigan that have mismanaged the overseas quota to such an extent that we have no places left and needed to fund Mitch Clark's departure to register one of either Mago, Miski or Ellis
Not true
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Playing career
New Zealand Warriors

Not true
What part?

If you think Mitch Clark (or anyone else for a fact) would walk away from a contract and not expect some sort of compensation you are deluded. The only time that isn't paid is if there has been a breach of contract

Now are you claiming that is what has happened or are you the club accountant putting as "spin" on him leaving and him more than probably even counting on next season's salary cap while he trots round for another team?
Back by demand.
keptinthedarkfans

buttmonkey2 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:02 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:19 pm

Not true
What part?

If you think Mitch Clark (or anyone else for a fact) would walk away from a contract and not expect some sort of compensation you are deluded. The only time that isn't paid is if there has been a breach of contract

Now are you claiming that is what has happened or are you the club accountant putting as "spin" on him leaving and him more than probably even counting on next season's salary cap while he trots round for another team?
Not rocket science I highlighted what's not true also not deluded it was not to register any of those players . And I'm actually twice as good as club accountants not even a fool could make a bigger balls up than them.