Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Zak Hardaker’s future ‘up in the air’ as new twist develops

Post by Charriots Offiah »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:20 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm So he's moved to pontefract so then the only club he should be interested in is Castleford as traveling to Leeds and Wakefield will be just as bad at rush hour.
Are you serious?

65 miles to Wigan vs 16 and 12 miles to Leeds and Wakefield…

Don’t make stuff up to suite your narrative.
Ah but you forgot Nathan that he travels in a car to Wigan, if he signs for a Yorkshire club he has to make do with a sheep 😀
buttmonkey2

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:34 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:22 pm So he's moved to pontefract so then the only club he should be interested in is Castleford as traveling to Leeds and Wakefield will be just as bad at rush hour.
Are you serious?

Ah but you forgot Nathan that he travels in a car to Wigan, if he signs for a Yorkshire club he has to make do with a sheep 😀
How many miles per baaa do you get with a sheep?
Back by demand.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:39 am https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... dium=email

So looks like he’s staying after all,truth is he’s p1ssed on his chips with Yorkshire clubs and perhaps now it’ll refocus how much of a chance Wigan took on him,you’ll find no bigger fan of Hardakers than me but bleating about travel,when millions do it daily was mind boggling.
Great news if true! He'll probably be back at centre next season and back to the team that took us to the GF.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

I believe yorkshire teams were prepared to sign him but only if no fee was involved and if he could gain a release.

Wigan insisted on a fee and rightly so.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Are you serious?

More serious than you think the Leeds traffic is most of the issue on the m62 and it might be 16 miles but I will bet you that most of the traveling time is due to that traffic (from experience).

Maybe I should of worded it different but my point is trading will still be awful at rush hour.

Then again if you go outside rush hour it isn't a bad trip (unless their is an accident) and it irritating that someone on a decent wage is complaining about the trip that loads of people make daily.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:07 am
Are you serious?

More serious than you think the Leeds traffic is most of the issue on the m62 and it might be 16 miles but I will bet you that most of the traveling time is due to that traffic (from experience).

Maybe I should of worded it different but my point is trading will still be awful at rush hour.

Then again if you go outside rush hour it isn't a bad trip (unless their is an accident) and it irritating that someone on a decent wage is complaining about the trip that loads of people make daily.
Isn't it just
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:30 pm I believe yorkshire teams were prepared to sign him but only if no fee was involved and if he could gain a release.

Wigan should have just told Hardaker he wasn't going anywhere. They were too soft in letting him try to secure a move.

Net result has ended up the same. He's having to see his contract out.

Perhaps they might try stating that is what players need to do when they come crying for a move?
Fan4Fifty

Post by Fan4Fifty »

DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:33 pm
Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:30 pm I believe yorkshire teams were prepared to sign him but only if no fee was involved and if he could gain a release.

Wigan should have just told Hardaker he wasn't going anywhere. They were too soft in letting him try to secure a move.

Perhaps they might try stating that is what players need to do when they come crying for a move?
Maybe it's the first (welcome) signs that we are going to take a harder stance. And it should come with a warning in Zak's case, much as I like him as a player, that step out of line living back home and he will be out and unlikely to secure another contract anywhere.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... dium=email

Lenegan has his say,could even be staying longer too if club take up the last year option on him (I did think they'd signed him on 5 year deal)

Time to play hardball with players far too often they take the easy way out with players time to harden the stance
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fan4Fifty wrote:
DaveO wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:33 pm

Maybe it's the first (welcome) signs that we are going to take a harder stance. And it should come with a warning in Zak's case, much as I like him as a player, that step out of line living back home and he will be out and unlikely to secure another contract anywhere.
Had a club come up with a fee he’d have gone and got his wish. That isn’t playing hard ball in my book.

You might argue it was a calculated risk by the club no one would pay a fee but gambling no club would is not the way to run things. We’d have been another quality player down if this had backfired.

Given hoping no one bites is a daft way to do things I assume they just decided after he asked he could leave if someone paid a fee.