ken sio

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
stevo38

ken sio

Post by stevo38 »

salford rumour mill saying we in for sio
josie andrews

Re: ken sio

Post by josie andrews »

stevo38 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm salford rumour mill saying we in for sio
Another one! 🤨
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

How many of our current non federation players are leaving? French, Field, Clark?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 pm How many of our current non federation players are leaving? French, Field, Clark?
You would have to assume Tommy and Clarke if anyone but there aren’t any rumours.

Very strange to use a quote spot on another winger when we absolutely need a half and potentially another centre.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

stevo38 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:28 pm salford rumour mill saying we in for sio
I believe there is a good chance that both Jai and potentially Bevan wont be returning next year. Then if you add Zak to that then this rumour and the interest in Rocky Hampshire seems plausible.

I think a rebuild is afoot but with the club still involved in the comp not a lot can be said.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

irl_warr wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:56 am
I believe there is a good chance that both Jai and potentially Bevan wont be returning next year. Then if you add Zak to that then this rumour and the interest in Rocky Hampshire seems plausible.

I think a rebuild is afoot but with the club still involved in the comp not a lot can be said.
On what evidence will Field and French not be back?

They are both contracted for next year so they either need a club to want them and likely pay a transfer fee OR they terminate their own contract and potentially don’t get paid next year.

FYI French took up the option to extend his contract by a year a few months ago when he got injured. He didn’t have to do that at the time he did. What’s changed?

I think you’re just guessing tbh and making noise where there doesn’t need to be any.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:15 am

They are both contracted for next year so they either need a club to want them and likely pay a transfer fee OR they terminate their own contract and potentially don’t get paid next year.

FYI French took up the option to extend his contract by a year a few months ago when he got injured. He didn’t have to do that at the time he did. What’s changed?

I think you’re just guessing tbh and making noise where there doesn’t need to be any.
No evidence whatsoever bevan intends staying in this country longer than you think. Just has a family illness and needs to be there at this time and Why would field not be here?
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:15 am

Apologies if you took that as me simply creating noise. For me It is a simple jigsaw puzzle which I will attempt to explain.

The only reliable contact I have in rugby league is a chief executive at Salford who has a lot of contacts/friends throughout the Lancastrian clubs, I spoke with him yesterday and he confirmed Wigan had spoke to Ken but they were working hard to financially reward him and keep him and are quietly confident he will stay.

But, for Wigan to be talking to another winger given the recruitment we already know about, you need to look at what pieces the management at Wigan are placing together for next year. Whilst I understand what you state regards contracts that are in place for 2022 etc, I would also point to several instances where that changes literally overnight.

If Wigan were indeed to be faced with losing Zak, Bevan and Jai we would need to be talking to/moving for a few players now before they find other clubs/re-sign etc. As I said, I believe all will be revealed in good time once our season is over.
Last edited by irl_warr on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:12 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:15 pm How many of our current non federation players are leaving? French, Field, Clark?
You would have to assume Tommy and Clarke if anyone but there aren’t any rumours.

Very strange to use a quote spot on another winger when we absolutely need a half and potentially another centre.
Maybe we have signed a FED trained half back?
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

jaws1 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:52 am Maybe we have signed a FED trained half back?
...from a club still actively involved in the season. Maybe one that we play on Thursday :roll: