Return of the sarg

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Shaun Wane Legend

Re: Return of the sarg

Post by Shaun Wane Legend »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:40 am I hate to say I told you so, but I did say recruitment for 2022 would be underwhelming. Focus was on spending ££'s next year on the playing squad rather than spending ££'s covering losses, so this next season unfortunately will suffer.

I've not heard anything to suggest the plan has changed, If anything though it will be worse and this season and next season will suffer if crowds don't improve.
Not true. You love telling everyone “you told us so”.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

eddiebedo123 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:30 pm Heard some rumours coming from Salford that the return of sarginson could be imminent should Sean wane return not sure on how I feel on this very physical player and wane could get the best out of him.
First and only post from this poster.

Looks like its made up just to stir up some conversation on the forum.

It was the lad from Whitehaven the other week.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Shaun Wane Legend wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:41 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:40 am I hate to say I told you so, but I did say recruitment for 2022 would be underwhelming. Focus was on spending ££'s next year on the playing squad rather than spending ££'s covering losses, so this next season unfortunately will suffer.

I've not heard anything to suggest the plan has changed, If anything though it will be worse and this season and next season will suffer if crowds don't improve.
Not true. You love telling everyone “you told us so”.
Because 95% of the time I did tell you so.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

pedro wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:35 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:26 am
pedro wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:24 am

you cant move someone on who doesnt want to be moved
If a player is told he will not be played, they will leave. they are not on big money as they are squad players. At other clubs they will be more than squad players so will probably get a better deal. No one will happily sit and not play especially for the wages they'll be on.
You won’t get 2 Aussies over here paying them nothing so they will be on good money, in order to leave someone will have to either match or beat their wages, no if they don’t get picked they still don’t need to leave as they get paid for sitting in the stands, probably thonleys last pro contact anyway as he’s not very good, if they aren’t being played who’s going to sign them? Does playing for Wigan automatically mean other clubs want to sign them?
True RE the Aussie props, I was more meaning Thornley & potentially Sarge, Thornley isn't on a big contract lets put it that way, so If he didnt play i would assume another SL club would offer him a deal. As they did for 2022, he just chose Wigan
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Sarginson would be an excellent signing but I can’t see it. He’s got two years left on his Salford deal.

The stick he got from Wigan fans never made any sense to me. We’ve missed his energy and competitive nature. It’s the loss of a guy like that, who can cover all the outside back spots, that has left us in the brown stuff this season. I’d welcome him back with open arms.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:58 am
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:03 am Well I am going to buck the trend regarding the possible return of Sarge. I think that he will be a good signing. Yes there may be better players but they will command a much higher salary. The lad never gives less than 100%.
I agree that sarge does offer you something going forward. But come on! Resigning thornley and now sarge. One or the other at best. In what’s available these two are the best of the bunch?
I think they are the best of the bunch available at the price we can now afford to pay. Our quota is full so no options on non-federation trained players.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 pm Sarginson would be an excellent signing but I can’t see it. He’s got two years left on his Salford deal.

The stick he got from Wigan fans never made any sense to me. We’ve missed his energy and competitive nature. It’s the loss of a guy like that, who can cover all the outside back spots, that has left us in the brown stuff this season. I’d welcome him back with open arms.
Fans have a very short memory, some of us have not forgotten his match winning performance in the GF playing at fullback.
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:49 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:40 pm Sarginson would be an excellent signing but I can’t see it. He’s got two years left on his Salford deal.

Fans have a very short memory, some of us have not forgotten his match winning performance in the GF playing at fullback.
Exactly. The lad is a machine from a fitness and desire point of view and that’s invaluable. It isn’t just about what he brings but he can inspire those around him.

I’m not sure what some people expect when it comes to signings. It was the same when we were rumoured to be in for Westerman. I said at the time he’d sorted his attitude out and was playing really well nowadays. He went on to be selected for England and has had a brilliant season. He’d walk a place in our 17, as would Sarginson.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d be happy if he came back he is frustrating but he has been missed
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Stick from Wigan fans..... never......
To be fair wigan fans are the most negative fan base in RL bar saints.

To many that are obsessed with the past and having the best players all the time.

On Sarge though, it's neither here or there for me.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.