Return of the sarg

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
eddiebedo123

Return of the sarg

Post by eddiebedo123 »

Heard some rumours coming from Salford that the return of sarginson could be imminent should Sean wane return not sure on how I feel on this very physical player and wane could get the best out of him.
fozzieskem

Re: Return of the sarg

Post by fozzieskem »

A frustrating player who should be a player that lights the comp up but more often than not perhaps doesn’t,yet when he’s not here the hole he leaves is a big one.

It wouldn’t surprise me if he returned at all
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Unbelievable if this happens. Whoever scouts new players for us wants sacking!!
Have they got no idea how to do there job?!?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 am Unbelievable if this happens. Whoever scouts new players for us wants sacking!!
Well I got shot down when I commented on our scouts!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

So Another bang average player being signed for the third time if there’s owt in this ? Unbelievable.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

I hate to say I told you so, but I did say recruitment for 2022 would be underwhelming. Focus was on spending ££'s next year on the playing squad rather than spending ££'s covering losses, so this next season unfortunately will suffer.

I've not heard anything to suggest the plan has changed, If anything though it will be worse and this season and next season will suffer if crowds don't improve.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Looks like I'll be at least £234 better off next year depending on the next few signings, Thanks Lenners for ruining my love for the game
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

For god sake does anybody remember when Wigan use to sign players to Inprove the team now it seams they sign just to make the numbers up Never has Sarge been a good player
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Sarg is brought back then it's to resolved the problem of not being able to get out of our own yardage which was a massive drag on the team. The props took the blame on here but it's always the backs who get teams out of their area and on the front foot. It was obvious all season that Isa, Bibby, Gildart & Farrell couldn't do it.
If next year's backs look anything like French, Miski, Hankinson, Sarginson (Thornley) & Marshall then it won't be a problem at all.

There's a lot of doom and gloom about next year but I just don't see it. We'll have pace that no other club can match with French, Field & Marshall. We'll have two off loading forwards in KPP & Ellis and a new coaching set up should be able to get us there or there abouts. Let's be honest here, if that Wigan team of 2021 can get to fourth when they've been hindered by Lam every week then why couldn't we get higher next year?

Looking on here I must be the ultimate optimist as I see an improvement in the playing squad and the main benefit will be Lam won't be head coach. The squad last year wasn't too bad but it was that Lam wouldn't play our senior props. The one time he did we beat Catalans. Who else could we have beaten if he'd played three of the four senior props most weeks on a rotational basis. IMO the 2021 squad was a lot, lot better than the results due to shambolic team selection and non existent tactics/game plan.

With a couple of good signings for next year then I feel quite optimistic about it all.
Needless to say I'll shall aquire the four season tickets as usual and am looking forward to it already.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:28 am
Barney841 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:27 am Unbelievable if this happens. Whoever scouts new players for us wants sacking!!
Well I got shot down when I commented on our scouts!
Not by me josie see them in action weekly. That's the reason saints are taking best young talent from under our noses. Same culture of who you know not how good you are.