Please NO NO NO

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: Please NO NO NO

Post by jaws1 »

DaveO wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:56 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote:Mind you

I'm hearing rumours that Wigan DID sign Lachlan Walmsley and have now loaned him to Halifax for one season. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Why is that? Have they forgotten they signed Miski?
heard Warrington tried to sign Lachlan and they were going tot do the same loan him out.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

The situation with Walmsley as far as I'm aware... that was the plan - sign him and loan him out.

That move fell through at the final stages and he has signed for Halifax permanently, as has Jouffet (even though Whitehaven said he is returning to France)

Wigan are close to securing another Super League player. (Not Miller, I'm not sure how that one is going at the moment)

I know Wigan have met with Briers a few times, I haven't however heard about Duffy, I hope to god he isn't in contention for the job.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

rumour has it they only want duffy as a scarecrow to keep the pigeons off the pitch
jobo

Post by jobo »

stevo38 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:12 am rumour has it they only want duffy as a scarecrow to keep the pigeons off the pitch
:lol: :lol: :lol:
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:06 pm
ddtftf wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:57 pm Rumour John Duffy to Wigan please god only a rumour or i am down to jump in the canal :roll: :roll:
Duffy, along with Briers, has been rumoured for a while. I believe the club has spoken with both of them.
I heard Danny Ward months ago but gone quiet now.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

I imagine Duffy is some troll sturing. I can't see anyone at wigan going I know lets go for the one coach in SL worse than Lam.
Last edited by Caboosegg on Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Dan2266 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:18 am The situation with Walmsley as far as I'm aware... that was the plan - sign him and loan him out.

That move fell through at the final stages and he has signed for Halifax permanently, as has Jouffet (even though Whitehaven said he is returning to France)

Wigan are close to securing another Super League player. (Not Miller, I'm not sure how that one is going at the moment)

I know Wigan have met with Briers a few times, I haven't however heard about Duffy, I hope to god he isn't in contention for the job.
I believe the deal was he'd be loaned out to Newcastle for his first year which he had no interest in doing. I was told that was the deal he turned down (but not that the club was Wigan, but it makes sense with our links to Newcastle).

Super League clubs do have a habit of offering players from the Championship tiny contracts based on what they're earning as part time players which often works out as less than what they earn when you take into consideration their full time job.