danny richardson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
EagleEyePie

Re: danny richardson

Post by EagleEyePie »

It's hard to see how Richardson would be anything other than just another option for the sake of having another option. Cas were seeking offers for him back in June, so if he's not good enough for Cas, and he's not considered good enough to attract sufficient interest from other Super League clubs in that time, I don't see why Wigan would think he's good enough.
Tricky Dicky1

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Is it actually Gaz O Brien we are after
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:48 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:47 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:40 pm If he is the best we can do then we need to pack it in.
Any other options out there? Anyone maybe in the U19s who could step up? Should the club (continue) to do nothing?
Yes if this guy is the only option.
My point is who is available? Now that Clark is off we may have more options?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

widdenoldboy wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:05 am
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:47 pm

Any other options out there? Anyone maybe in the U19s who could step up? Should the club (continue) to do nothing?
We shouldn't be signing players for the sake of it, we should be signing players who improve the team. I wouldn't touch Richardson will a barge pole. Clark leaving doesn't free up a quota spot so we still have the same issue. The only way around this at the moment, if the club wishes to sign a half back, is to pay a transfer fee.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:10 am

We shouldn't be signing players for the sake of it, we should be signing players who improve the team. I wouldn't touch Richardson will a barge pole. Clark leaving doesn't free up a quota spot so we still have the same issue. The only way around this at the moment, if the club wishes to sign a half back, is to pay a transfer fee.
Or a player swap, maybe Hardaker?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Surely the only reason Richardson would come into any conversation is if he were to be suggested as a makeweight in a swap deal with Hardaker?

From what the club has said if Zac left they would be looking for a fee. Perhaps Cas, when asked for a fee, said they would not pay one but if Wigan wanted a player swap then they'd agree to their player in the swap being Richardson.

By now I would think that Wigan's answer was "thanks but no thanks" or to that effect.

Although Clark has now left should Zac depart that would free up quite an amount of salary for a replacement.
Charriots Offiah

No straw damn us wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Yes true.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:45 pm

Yes true.
The value of Hardaker is far more IMO than the value of Richardson!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

The main problem with us wanting to swap Zak is that nobody really seems to want him. We have what should be a valuable player whose market value isn't what we think it should be. I hope he stays because our squad is stronger with him so long as he continues to give his best. Whatever we do with him though please don't let it involve Danny Richardson. Cash (unlikely) or a decent player in any position (except backrow) would be preferable to D.R.
Charriots Offiah

southportcdm wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:36 pm The main problem with us wanting to swap Zak is that nobody really seems to want him. We have what should be a valuable player whose market value isn't what we think it should be. I hope he stays because our squad is stronger with him so long as he continues to give his best. Whatever we do with him though please don't let it involve Danny Richardson. Cash (unlikely) or a decent player in any position (except backrow) would be preferable to D.R.
Water torture would be more preferable!