danny richardson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
NICKYKISS

Re: danny richardson

Post by NICKYKISS »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:39 am
Firestarter wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 pm Can we not be rumoured to be signing young pryce? That lad is gonna be some player
Will end up better than his dad!
It’s a big call that but I’m confident you’ll be right. I’ve not been as excited about an English back coming through since Sam Tomkins. I wish we produced more players like that as a country. He looks a pure athlete but unlike many with that sort of pace, he looks like he can pick a pass and kick both from hand and at goal.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:58 pm
Firestarter wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:27 pm Can we not be rumoured to be signing young pryce? That lad is gonna be some player
It’s a big call that but I’m confident you’ll be right. I’ve not been as excited about an English back coming through since Sam Tomkins. I wish we produced more players like that as a country. He looks a pure athlete but unlike many with that sort of pace, he looks like he can pick a pass and kick both from hand and at goal.
It's early doors for him and he will no doubt t suffer from the dreaded "se on season syndrome but if he a handle that and Watson handles him correctly he is a mouthwatering talent who will no doubt end up in the NRL before long
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:46 pm Cas wanted a straight swap, Zak for Danny, Wigan said no. Looks like this one could be over
That really wasn't any kind of swap deal. Cas made Richardson available June/July time. They wanted Zac, an International, for a player who couldn't get a first team slot at Cas. No wonder Wigan said no.

The only difficulty is Zac doesn't want to be here nor play for us anymore. How that's going to get the club and him through the pre season is anyone's guess. The idea of him staying another year giving his best every week seems a bit far fetched to me. Should he depart on any deal anywhere will make his salary available for another quality player who does want to play for us.

A difficult one for the club to sort out but surely the sooner it's sorted out the better?
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:19 pm
NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:58 pm
It's early doors for him and he will no doubt t suffer from the dreaded "se on season syndrome but if he a handle that and Watson handles him correctly he is a mouthwatering talent who will no doubt end up in the NRL before long
There will be challenges no doubt but he looks to have the confidence to come though them. I look at him from a physical point of view and there’s not much you can pick out that isn’t a strength. He’s a fair old size, a bit like his dad and uncle were, his footwork is outstanding and he’s very quick. I always felt when it came to the skill side of passing, kicking etc his dad was lacking but it looks another strength for him. His uncle was huge but lacked heart and again that doesn’t look a problem. He looks an exceptionally confident kid as well. That could end up being his only weakness in fairness, if he gets carried away but you listen to Leon Pryce on TV and he seems to be keeping a fair grip of him and his ego.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Danny Richardson future latest

Danny Richardson will be a Castleford Tigers player in 2022, the club has confirmed.

On their Instagram page, the Tigers said: “We can’t wait to see DR7⃣ in 2022. Join us with a 𝘾𝘼𝙎 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 membership, link in our bio!”

Richardson had been linked with a move to the Wigan Warriors in recent weeks following a troubled time in 2021 with the Tigers.

Yorkshire Live had revealed in June that the halfback – signed from St Helens ahead of the 2020 Super League season – had been offered to other clubs, but it appears as though incoming Castleford head coach Lee Radford wants to see Richardson at the Jungle in 2022.

With Jake Trueman, Gareth O’Brien and now Callum McLelland added to the list of halfbacks at Radford’s disposal, there will be a tremendous strength in depth at the Tigers which has been lacking in recent seasons.

Trueman, Richardson and O’Brien all suffered from injuries during 2021, with Trueman having undegone back surgery in an attempt to correct his issue.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/danny-ri ... est-44401/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am Danny Richardson future latest

Danny Richardson will be a Castleford Tigers player in 2022, the club has confirmed.

On their Instagram page, the Tigers said: “We can’t wait to see DR7⃣ in 2022. Join us with a 𝘾𝘼𝙎 𝙁𝙊𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙍 membership, link in our bio!”

Richardson had been linked with a move to the Wigan Warriors in recent weeks following a troubled time in 2021 with the Tigers.

Yorkshire Live had revealed in June that the halfback – signed from St Helens ahead of the 2020 Super League season – had been offered to other clubs, but it appears as though incoming Castleford head coach Lee Radford wants to see Richardson at the Jungle in 2022.

With Jake Trueman, Gareth O’Brien and now Callum McLelland added to the list of halfbacks at Radford’s disposal, there will be a tremendous strength in depth at the Tigers which has been lacking in recent seasons.

Trueman, Richardson and O’Brien all suffered from injuries during 2021, with Trueman having undegone back surgery in an attempt to correct his issue.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/danny-ri ... est-44401/
Thanks Josie, so he his definitely coming to Wigan then :D
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Bullet dodged with that lad I feel,
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:27 am Bullet dodged with that lad I feel,
I think that is understating matters. Anyway, I can categorically tell you that Peet is not interested in him. Thankfully, somebody can see sense.