danny richardson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Re: danny richardson

Post by nathan_rugby »

Wes wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:10 pm I’d swap him for Hardaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why?

Who would play centre?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

The most un Wigan like signing I think we’d have seen in the Lenagan era if it came off and a sign that they’ve lost control of the recruitment strategy.

I just can’t see it.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:23 am The most un Wigan like signing I think we’d have seen in the Lenagan era if it came off and a sign that they’ve lost control of the recruitment strategy.

I just can’t see it.
Nope me neither. But think they have already lost control of recruitment .
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:46 am
NICKYKISS wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:23 am The most un Wigan like signing I think we’d have seen in the Lenagan era if it came off and a sign that they’ve lost control of the recruitment strategy.

I just can’t see it.
Nope me neither. But think they have already lost control of recruitment .
Halfback situation highlights this.

We always knew Hastings was most likely going after this season.

We don’t know the ins and outs but there’s been a few movements of halfbacks within super league recently ( Sezer, Fages).

If it’s come down to a quota issue - we should have considered moving Clarke on and not renewing Tommy’s contract. If that wasn’t possible then we shouldn’t have signed Miski and found a wing alternative. Halfback is a more crucial position to sort first than wing, as are the forwards we recruited which is why I didn’t suggest Mago or Ellis.

That being said, we have missed out on a few props we were apparently in for (Mulhern, Lawler? Who else?) and seemingly didn’t go for Hill.

If the rumours on offering Eden a contract are true, even after the Miski signing then that’s another sign of it being all over the place.
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Why sign wingers when the team does not create space for them?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Richardson is ready to sign. Not sure as of yet what the deal with Cas is.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Although im not dannys biggest fan i do understand us going for a good passer and kicker of a ball…… what i dont get is why have we kept tommy?….. i think briers will be having a say on half recruiting and might think he has something to work with……. If we now sign a centre and spell tommy at 9( his best position imo) then we might suprise a few of our fans including myself
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:50 am Although im not dannys biggest fan i do understand us going for a good passer and kicker of a ball…… what i dont get is why have we kept tommy?….. i think briers will be having a say on half recruiting and might think he has something to work with……. If we now sign a centre and spell tommy at 9( his best position imo) then we might suprise a few of our fans including myself
There's 100% a player in Danny Richardson, he just needs the right coaching & a lot of work on his defence. I'm still a bit sceptical as he has rejected us once over but it actually seems from what I'm hearing that we are close to signing him pending completion of formalities between the clubs. I'm honestly not sure what the deal is between the clubs though.
Gaznier

Post by Gaznier »

I actually thought we would go for Dec patton with Briers coming in.. its not very inspiring but there isn't many more names about.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:01 pm
Firestarter wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:50 am Although im not dannys biggest fan i do understand us going for a good passer and kicker of a ball…… what i dont get is why have we kept tommy?….. i think briers will be having a say on half recruiting and might think he has something to work with……. If we now sign a centre and spell tommy at 9( his best position imo) then we might suprise a few of our fans including myself
There's 100% a player in Danny Richardson, he just needs the right coaching & a lot of work on his defence. I'm still a bit sceptical as he has rejected us once over but it actually seems from what I'm hearing that we are close to signing him pending completion of formalities between the clubs. I'm honestly not sure what the deal is between the clubs though.
Isn’t he a traditional 7 (first receiver) ?

Sure IL specifically said we are after a 6 which really worries me as Tommy isn’t a 6.

Maybe the club think Smith has the ability to be a 6 when required ?

I am aware we sometimes play split halves but imo there are some differences between the role of the 7 and the 6 and our recruitment & players should reflect that.