Bevin French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Bevin French

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:49 am
ddtftf wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:28 am :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Has he / hasn't he / will be thinking about it and verbally agreed but could know in 10 days that's hedging the bets couldn't be more vague
Not hedging bets at all. Talking facts. He hasn't signed, he has verbally agreed to come back. Will know more in 10 days because he will of made a decision by then. If I find out I will post it before the club announce. I was signing off for a couple of week but wanted to share that.

Im still not going to be posting more so you may well find out about Bevan before I post again.
his extension was agreed and done weeks before he went home. He told me himself when everyone said he had gone home when in fact he was still in this country as foot was not good and travelling was not allowed. He was desperate to get home for personal reasons. I am involved in some work for him so not hear say from horses mouth I won't edge my bets I will tell you will and always intended to see out his FULL term.
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:33 am
up the junction wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:05 am The Full back did exercise his additional year option and will return to the Warriors for pre-season ahead of the 2022 season.
(Pasted from the official Warriors website)
You need to put the link from the site. Sorry, but I’m not going to do it for you 🙁
Don’t expect you to Josie, but I don’t know how Sorry , I struggle copy and pasting .
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/teams/fir ... van-french

Think I’ve done it if not apologies again.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

If Bevan does return as seems ever more likely then it will transform the levels of fans optimism for next season.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:54 pm If Bevan does return as seems ever more likely then it will transform the levels of fans optimism for next season.
Up tick to that 😀
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

So we have it basically from an exclusive scoop that French will definitely coming back….or he won’t.

Yet more fantastic inside info.

For what it’s worth if he doesn’t come back Field drops into 1. If French stays the Field signing highlights how lost the strategy of signing players has become.

We need to be very careful if he doesn’t return, the last thing we need to do is panic buy to use the quota space and be left with yet another round peg in a square hole.

If the right player isn’t available then I’d much rather we went forward with what we have then make a knee jerk signing and prolong the issues we currently have.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:33 pm https://www.wiganwarriors.com/teams/fir ... van-french

Think I’ve done it if not apologies again.
That’s it well done 👏🏼 See, you don’t know what you can do unless you try 😊

I know you wouldn’t have expected me to, that’s it’s just copyright laws. I didn’t know where you had got it from or else I would have done it 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Jonh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:17 pm So we have it basically from an exclusive scoop that French will definitely coming back….or he won’t.

For what it’s worth if he doesn’t come back Field drops into 1. If French stays the Field signing highlights how lost the strategy of signing players has become.

We need to be very careful if he doesn’t return, the last thing we need to do is panic buy to use the quota space and be left with yet another round peg in a square hole.

If the right player isn’t available then I’d much rather we went forward with what we have then make a knee jerk signing and prolong the issues we currently have.
What’s wrong with giving Hanley a gig?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 4:17 pm So we have it basically from an exclusive scoop that French will definitely coming back….or he won’t.

No mate, the “scoop” is he hasn't signed the contract yet, even though Wigan announced he was staying.

I don't know if he is coming back or not.

Ive never once said he is or isnt coming back because that would be guessing.

Hope this helps 👍🏻
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

“The Club can also announce that French has exercised his option for next year in his current deal and will return to Wigan in 2022 for the start of pre-season”

Taken from the clubs announcement.

They don't mention he has signed they say “exercised the option” for a reason.

We’ll all just have to wait and see what happens.