Bevin French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Bevin French

Post by Wandering Warrior »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am Wasn't it French himself that invoked the extra year on his contract, so not sure why he would then turn around and say he is not returning
To use Wigan as a back up if nowt turns up in Aus! Simple that one.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

irl_warr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am
ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 pm Been told today from a good source ( A LAM ) that Bevin French is NOT coming back to Wigan
Said this a good few weeks ago and was told I was creating noise :lol:
I think you're guessing if I'm honest!🤣🙃👍
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
irl_warr

Post by irl_warr »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:13 pm
irl_warr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am
ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 pm Been told today from a good source ( A LAM ) that Bevin French is NOT coming back to Wigan
Said this a good few weeks ago and was told I was creating noise :lol:
I think you're guessing if I'm honest!🤣🙃👍
Will eventually get one right ey? :lol:
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:12 pm
WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am Wasn't it French himself that invoked the extra year on his contract, so not sure why he would then turn around and say he is not returning
But surely it would be easier to secure a deal in Aus with no contract to terminate/get out of in the UK, why not just say he is still considering it, unless there was a timescale on making a decision. Not saying he may not have used it as a some kind of safety net as has been suggested but he didnt need to quantify it with saying he owed it to Wigan to give an extra year, he could of just kept shtum.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:51 pm
lucky 13 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:37 pm It's no safety net though. Surley it would be easier to get a go at a NRL club without a contract at a SL club. Zak is finding now with a move away while under one it would be easier without? His form over here would at a guess mean if he needed he could get a gig in SL. Not saying it's not true but does seem a daft move to activate the clause. I also don't see a player who is thought of has being to small for NRL who's been out injured and can't rehab having NRL clubs knocking down the door. Guess we will see but for me the club need to be transparent and like the new coach says get rid if any ones not committed so we can find a good replacement.
Who has ever said French is too small for the NRL?
Seen it mentioned on many different platforms and medias when he was coming over to SL.
Not saying I agree by the way, I think he's one of the most exciting players I have seen would be gutted if we don't see him next season.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:21 pm
But surely it would be easier to secure a deal in Aus with no contract to terminate/get out of in the UK, why not just say he is still considering it, unless there was a timescale on making a decision. Not saying he may not have used it as a some kind of safety net as has been suggested but he didnt need to quantify it with saying he owed it to Wigan to give an extra year, he could of just kept shtum.
It would be easier but more risk.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

It's okay

If French doesn't return Hampshire and Lewis terniey are free agents currently :lol:
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Not simple, no.
A new contract with Wigan means a transfer fee would be involved before a move back down under, surely?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:57 pm It's okay

If French doesn't return Hampshire and Lewis terniey are free agents currently :lol:
Hush you,you’ll give Rads ideas :lol:
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

:lol:
fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:05 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:57 pm It's okay

Hush you,you’ll give Rads ideas :lol: