Bevin French

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
irl_warr

Re: Bevin French

Post by irl_warr »

ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 pm Been told today from a good source ( A LAM ) that Bevin French is NOT coming back to Wigan
Said this a good few weeks ago and was told I was creating noise :lol:
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

irl_warr wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:39 am
ddtftf wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:17 pm Been told today from a good source ( A LAM ) that Bevin French is NOT coming back to Wigan
Said this a good few weeks ago and was told I was creating noise :lol:
Welcome to my world mate, next step is you'll be accused of guessing :lol: :lol:
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

Wasn't it French himself that invoked the extra year on his contract, so not sure why he would then turn around and say he is not returning
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am Wasn't it French himself that invoked the extra year on his contract, so not sure why he would then turn around and say he is not returning
As we know contracts aren’t worth the paper they’re written on
WarriorWinger

Post by WarriorWinger »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:51 am
WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:40 am Wasn't it French himself that invoked the extra year on his contract, so not sure why he would then turn around and say he is not returning
Appreciate that, but why bother to invoke it to only then go back on it, I guess only time will tell.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:55 am
Appreciate that, but why bother to invoke it to only then go back on it, I guess only time will tell.
obviously a safety net, sign the extension, go back home then try and get a gig in the nrl while there, call his bluff, bin him off and bring in Corey Norman, solves the big problem of relying on Tommy
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

It's no safety net though. Surley it would be easier to get a go at a NRL club without a contract at a SL club. Zak is finding now with a move away while under one it would be easier without? His form over here would at a guess mean if he needed he could get a gig in SL. Not saying it's not true but does seem a daft move to activate the clause. I also don't see a player who is thought of has being to small for NRL who's been out injured and can't rehab having NRL clubs knocking down the door. Guess we will see but for me the club need to be transparent and like the new coach says get rid if any ones not committed so we can find a good replacement.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

WarriorWinger wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:55 am
I agree with you but situation can change I suppose looking from the outside he seems a home bird and there's nothing wrong with that but wigan have been patient with him so sooner rather that later he had stick or twist in regards to his contract
Last edited by fozzieskem on Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:37 pm It's no safety net though. Surley it would be easier to get a go at a NRL club without a contract at a SL club. Zak is finding now with a move away while under one it would be easier without? His form over here would at a guess mean if he needed he could get a gig in SL. Not saying it's not true but does seem a daft move to activate the clause. I also don't see a player who is thought of has being to small for NRL who's been out injured and can't rehab having NRL clubs knocking down the door. Guess we will see but for me the club need to be transparent and like the new coach says get rid if any ones not committed so we can find a good replacement.
Who has ever said French is too small for the NRL?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

French may well have activated the extension with honest intentions of fulfilling but this was done right at the beginning of his injury and maybe before he returned to Aus ?

Being back home and around his family could have changed things ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."