Player trust

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brennox7
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:17 pm

Player trust

Post by Brennox7 »

If Hardaker leaves before his contract ends because of a motorway I won't be to impressed. What it is with Wigan and giving players on the scrap heap chances, only to be mugged off? Gareth hock was banned for 2 years for drugs, overweight and we stood by him. Left for Parramatta that fell through then moved on and slates us. Hardaker is fleeing now things are tough (he was a cleaner when we signed him). Even French was play 2nd grade when we gave him a chance and apparently he's leaving.

When did Wigan become a club to settle for a year or two?
keptinthedarkfans
Posts: 1307
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:11 pm

Re: Player trust

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Brennox7 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 pm If Hardaker leaves before his contract ends because of a motorway I won't be to impressed. What it is with Wigan and giving players on the scrap heap chances, only to be mugged off? Gareth hock was banned for 2 years for drugs, overweight and we stood by him. Left for Parramatta that fell through then moved on and slates us. Hardaker is fleeing now things are tough (he was a cleaner when we signed him). Even French was play 2nd grade when we gave him a chance and apparently he's leaving.

When did Wigan become a club to settle for a year or two?
Who says French is leaving. Someone on a forum puts2and 2 together and makes 6. Give your head a shake.
Brennox7
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:17 pm

Re: Player trust

Post by Brennox7 »

Give your eyes a shake. The word "apparently" doesn't suggest confirmation.
irl_warr
Posts: 28
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:13 pm

Re: Player trust

Post by irl_warr »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 pm If Hardaker leaves before his contract ends because of a motorway I won't be to impressed. What it is with Wigan and giving players on the scrap heap chances, only to be mugged off? Gareth hock was banned for 2 years for drugs, overweight and we stood by him. Left for Parramatta that fell through then moved on and slates us. Hardaker is fleeing now things are tough (he was a cleaner when we signed him). Even French was play 2nd grade when we gave him a chance and apparently he's leaving.

When did Wigan become a club to settle for a year or two?
Who says French is leaving. Someone on a forum puts2and 2 together and makes 6. Give your head a shake.
Is that aimed at me? :lol:

I didn't get my basic mathematics wrong, I was only repeating what I was told by someone who should know what they are talking about. A lot happens behind closed doors at the club, and by all accounts Wigan are clearing the decks. According to several ex-players who still have great connections anyone who doesn't want to be at the club (contract or not) has been given the green light to leave. Bevan is categorically one of those players.
fozzieskem
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Player trust

Post by fozzieskem »

irl_warr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 pm
Brennox7 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:50 pm If Hardaker leaves before his contract ends because of a motorway I won't be to impressed. What it is with Wigan and giving players on the scrap heap chances, only to be mugged off? Gareth hock was banned for 2 years for drugs, overweight and we stood by him. Left for Parramatta that fell through then moved on and slates us. Hardaker is fleeing now things are tough (he was a cleaner when we signed him). Even French was play 2nd grade when we gave him a chance and apparently he's leaving.

When did Wigan become a club to settle for a year or two?
Who says French is leaving. Someone on a forum puts2and 2 together and makes 6. Give your head a shake.
Is that aimed at me? :lol:

I didn't get my basic mathematics wrong, I was only repeating what I was told by someone who should know what they are talking about. A lot happens behind closed doors at the club, and by all accounts Wigan are clearing the decks. According to several ex-players who still have great connections anyone who doesn't want to be at the club (contract or not) has been given the green light to leave. Bevan is categorically one of those players.
Good you don't want to play for the greatest rugby team then balls to them,don't let the door hit you on the way out sick of fans and indeed the club pandering to players.
User avatar
lucky 13
Posts: 1991
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:05 pm

Re: Player trust

Post by lucky 13 »

Spot on this hope the club play things like this going forward if you don't want to play for us don't.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
CheshireWarrior
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Player trust

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I haven't heard anything around Bevan French going?

Thought Gareth Hock was good when he returned and was good at Widnes and Salford.

Seems to be alot of speculation around Zak. I certainly for one think he does owe Wigan 'old school loyalty'......if such a thing exists these days!

Cut and shut for me is we have saved his career and shown ALOT of faith in this lad!
blindsideprop
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:50 am

Re: Player trust

Post by blindsideprop »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:25 am
irl_warr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 am
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:03 pm

Who says French is leaving. Someone on a forum puts2and 2 together and makes 6. Give your head a shake.
Is that aimed at me? :lol:

I didn't get my basic mathematics wrong, I was only repeating what I was told by someone who should know what they are talking about. A lot happens behind closed doors at the club, and by all accounts Wigan are clearing the decks. According to several ex-players who still have great connections anyone who doesn't want to be at the club (contract or not) has been given the green light to leave. Bevan is categorically one of those players.
Good you don't want to play for the greatest rugby team then balls to them,don't let the door hit you on the way out sick of fans and indeed the club pandering to players.

Sadly the fact is Wigan are no longer the greatest club,we have fallen behind St Helens and Leeds in the SL era and other clubs like the 2 i have mentioned are showing far more ambition.We are on a downward spiral and unless IL addresses that then we will continue to regress.
fozzieskem
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Player trust

Post by fozzieskem »

blindsideprop wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:47 am
fozzieskem wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:25 am
irl_warr wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:00 am

Is that aimed at me? :lol:

I didn't get my basic mathematics wrong, I was only repeating what I was told by someone who should know what they are talking about. A lot happens behind closed doors at the club, and by all accounts Wigan are clearing the decks. According to several ex-players who still have great connections anyone who doesn't want to be at the club (contract or not) has been given the green light to leave. Bevan is categorically one of those players.
Good you don't want to play for the greatest rugby team then balls to them,don't let the door hit you on the way out sick of fans and indeed the club pandering to players.

Sadly the fact is Wigan are no longer the greatest club,we have fallen behind St Helens and Leeds in the SL era and other clubs like the 2 i have mentioned are showing far more ambition.We are on a downward spiral and unless IL addresses that then we will continue to regress.
I'm a realist and of course you are right wigan are slipping alarmingly at present with no end in sight sadly but my point remains to me at least wigan will always be the greatest and if a player wants a move because of a bloody motorway journey that plenty do daily for minimum wage then they should jog on to the next club and see how they fare
CheshireWarrior
Posts: 707
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:58 pm

Re: Player trust

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Sadly the fact is Wigan are no longer the greatest club,we have fallen behind St Helens and Leeds in the SL era and other clubs like the 2 i have mentioned are showing far more ambition.We are on a downward spiral and unless IL addresses that then we will continue to regress.
I'm a realist and of course you are right wigan are slipping alarmingly at present with no end in sight sadly but my point remains to me at least wigan will always be the greatest and if a player wants a move because of a bloody motorway journey that plenty do daily for minimum wage then they should jog on to the next club and see how they fare
To say we have fallen behind Stains and Leeds (depending on how far this is implied), I'm not too sure. You can't argue with fact they have lifted more SL titles, but I wouldn't say they have been dominate at all (either of them).

I don't like to hark back to yesterday year, but we are last European SL team to win the WCC and the only European team to win the WCC down under, which will take some team to do again IMO!

Couldn't agree more re: Hardaker, nothing but a sheer insult! Exit door is open for me, if that's his attitude (considering what the club has done for him), I'd rather go with Bibby/Thornley/Faz/Isa!
Post Reply