Player trust

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nathan_rugby

Player trust

Post by nathan_rugby »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:21 pm [quote=fozzieskem post_id=500162 time=1634894701 user_id=8337
Sadly the fact is Wigan are no longer the greatest club,we have fallen behind St Helens and Leeds in the SL era and other clubs like the 2 i have mentioned are showing far more ambition.We are on a downward spiral and unless IL addresses that then we will continue to regress.
I'm a realist and of course you are right wigan are slipping alarmingly at present with no end in sight sadly but my point remains to me at least wigan will always be the greatest and if a player wants a move because of a bloody motorway journey that plenty do daily for minimum wage then they should jog on to the next club and see how they fare
[/quote]

To say we have fallen behind Stains and Leeds (depending on how far this is implied), I'm not too sure. You can't argue with fact they have lifted more SL titles, but I wouldn't say they have been dominate at all (either of them).

I don't like to hark back to yesterday year, but we are last European SL team to win the WCC and the only European team to win the WCC down under, which will take some team to do again IMO!

Couldn't agree more re: Hardaker, nothing but a sheer insult! Exit door is open for me, if that's his attitude (considering what the club has done for him), I'd rather go with Bibby/Thornley/Faz/Isa!
[/quote]

If you aren’t judging how far behind Saints and Leeds we are on super league titles then what are you?

It’s the most sought after trophy so on that basis it should be the measure.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
AndyNick

Re: Player trust

Post by AndyNick »

If French and Field want to stay in Australia and play NRL then the appropriate transfer fees need to be paid. If no NRL club is willing to pay then they do not leave. I am getting sick and tired of Wigan being the nice guys who allow players to walk all over them. If they refuse to come back to the club then we need to do what Leeds did to Segayaro and what Wire did to Sandow. We have the registration and unless the appropriate fee is received we'll be retaining it for the remainder of these guys contracts. Is that petty? Will it mean we're using up cap space on players? Yes, but it will send a message to players that it is not acceptable to sign on the dotted line and then decide to do something else. Too many times we have been the nice guy who gets s**t on. It needs to stop. IL and KR need to stand up for themselves against agents and if they aren't willing to do so bring in someone who will.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

AndyNick wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 am If French and Field want to stay in Australia and play NRL then the appropriate transfer fees need to be paid. If no NRL club is willing to pay then they do not leave. I am getting sick and tired of Wigan being the nice guys who allow players to walk all over them. If they refuse to come back to the club then we need to do what Leeds did to Segayaro and what Wire did to Sandow. We have the registration and unless the appropriate fee is received we'll be retaining it for the remainder of these guys contracts. Is that petty? Will it mean we're using up cap space on players? Yes, but it will send a message to players that it is not acceptable to sign on the dotted line and then decide to do something else. Too many times we have been the nice guy who gets s**t on. It needs to stop. IL and KR need to stand up for themselves against agents and if they aren't willing to do so bring in someone who will.
Agree whole heartedly with the above.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wandering Warrior wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:25 am
AndyNick wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 am If French and Field want to stay in Australia and play NRL then the appropriate transfer fees need to be paid. If no NRL club is willing to pay then they do not leave. I am getting sick and tired of Wigan being the nice guys who allow players to walk all over them. If they refuse to come back to the club then we need to do what Leeds did to Segayaro and what Wire did to Sandow. We have the registration and unless the appropriate fee is received we'll be retaining it for the remainder of these guys contracts. Is that petty? Will it mean we're using up cap space on players? Yes, but it will send a message to players that it is not acceptable to sign on the dotted line and then decide to do something else. Too many times we have been the nice guy who gets s**t on. It needs to stop. IL and KR need to stand up for themselves against agents and if they aren't willing to do so bring in someone who will.
Agree whole heartedly with the above.
Me too.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

AndyNick wrote:If French and Field want to stay in Australia and play NRL then the appropriate transfer fees need to be paid. If no NRL club is willing to pay then they do not leave. I am getting sick and tired of Wigan being the nice guys who allow players to walk all over them. If they refuse to come back to the club then we need to do what Leeds did to Segayaro and what Wire did to Sandow. We have the registration and unless the appropriate fee is received we'll be retaining it for the remainder of these guys contracts. Is that petty? Will it mean we're using up cap space on players? Yes, but it will send a message to players that it is not acceptable to sign on the dotted line and then decide to do something else. Too many times we have been the nice guy who gets s**t on. It needs to stop. IL and KR need to stand up for themselves against agents and if they aren't willing to do so bring in someone who will.
Long overdue they react like this. They said at the fans forum they were taking a strong attitude with Hardaker but if he’s gone that lasted five minutes.

Mind you if he went into a sulk about the commute and saw nothing wrong with asking for a move after Wigan rescued his career why would they be surprised? If you sign players with an attitude problem that’s the risk you take. So how about being a bit more circumspect in future and not chasing any problem players (probably because they are cheaper and available)?