Announcement.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Re: Announcement.

Post by jaws1 »

Dan2266 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:08 pm Ryan Hampshire full back 2022.

Before anyone says this is a joke :lol: :lol: but wouldn't shock me in the slightest
Good utility player to have as back up Sargison was mentioned a few weeks back also utility player.
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

The problem with us signing a back up is you already have really good players for them to back up...which we do not.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

So is Hampshire coming or not? :D
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Mike wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:44 pm So is Hampshire coming or not? :D
Ive heard nowt to suggest he is 🤣
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

I'd think/hope it was more likely that we'll get Miller in exchange for Zak and Rocky would play 6 at Wakey.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:I'd think/hope it was more likely that we'll get Miller in exchange for Zak and Rocky would play 6 at Wakey.
No room on the quota for Miller I think was the final consensus with Tommy counting as non-Fed trained.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Cheers DaveO, I didn't think that through. Let's hope that doesn't mean we'll be losing another quota player or signing Rocky after all.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:16 pm What surprises me is they keep going on about it being our 150 year anniversary but they are not doing much about bringing someone in who is a “special player” to excite us IMO
I'm not sure who we could sign who would excite us and is available and affordable.
Matters are moving within the club as rumours suggest. Zac being here next year never has seemed viable once he stated he wished to move nearer to Pontefact. Him leaving would make a considerable amount of salary available. We already had salary available for a half and although Tommy may have taken that. However, if a top class half was signed then TL perhaps would retire immediately freeing up salary and an overseas slot.

No one seems certain whether French will return although he and the club have said he will. At this stage we trust he will. With Bevan at full back he can transform the team and its prospects.

Letting us know what roughly is happening especially when a top player like Zac is leaving would help.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:What surprises me is they keep going on about it being our 150 year anniversary but they are not doing much about bringing someone in who is a “special player” to excite us IMO
The club is very good at times on the PR (despite the web site being mostly useless) but the reality needs to match the hype and unless they pull a rabbit out of the hat with this signing it won’t.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:16 pm What surprises me is they keep going on about it being our 150 year anniversary but they are not doing much about bringing someone in who is a “special player” to excite us IMO
I'm not sure who we could sign who would excite us and is available and affordable.
Matters are moving within the club as rumours suggest. Zac being here next year never has seemed viable once he stated he wished to move nearer to Pontefact. Him leaving would make a considerable amount of salary available. We already had salary available for a half and although Tommy may have taken that. However, if a top class half was signed then TL perhaps would retire immediately freeing up salary and an overseas slot.

No one seems certain whether French will return although he and the club have said he will. At this stage we trust he will. With Bevan at full back he can transform the team and its prospects.

Letting us know what roughly is happening especially when a top player like Zac is leaving would help.
Are we sure it would make a substantial salary available? He’s not a marquee player and he was being thrown a career lifeline.

The half back salary has been assumed to be a marquee player (so £150k max on the cap) from what was said at the fans forum and in addition the club had a bit of cap space left over meaning there was a total of £223k cap space available.

The trouble is it all seems a bit late especially if we can’t get a quota player. They knew how long Hastings contract was yet ended up with Tommy going again and if Hardaker goes now despite the fact his salary his salary is available, it’s another case of who’s not already signed up for next season?