Jai Field.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Re: Jai Field.

Post by Dan2266 »

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:19 pm The way I heard about Field clubs had enquired about,not Wigan offering him around.
Interesting, where did that come from? Cause we have 100% put the feelers out…. Maybe what you heard of were clubs responding to Wigan?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm And especially when that player has multiple setbacks in his recovery from injury due to off the field stupidity. He’s been paid a lot of money and we’ve had nothing in return. Wigan quite right in my opinion, and its only an opinion you are all entitled to yours and I respect your opinion on weather or not it is immoral, but the way Ive been told its been handled is far from immoral.
Wigan can't use the excuse he's had setbacks from recovering form injury as an excuse. They knew Field was out for the season. Just five days ago Peet was quoted as saying Field was fit and raring to go for pre season training so he's ready when he's supposed to be ready.

The Australian, whose first season at the DW Stadium was hampered by a number of serious injuries, will report to Robin Park on Monday for the opening day of the Warriors' 2022 pre-season campaign fully fit and raring to go, Peet admitted.

It is a major boost not only for Wigan but for Field as well, who is likely to play a pivotal role for the Warriors next season in the absence of star half-back Jackson Hastings, who has returned to the NRL with Wests Tigers.

"He was really keen to make sure he was fit and good to go from day one of pre-season, so that's great to see," Peet told Rugby League Live.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... e-22119597

As to being paid a lot of money, he'd been on contract for one season and was an unknown before he got here so just how much are they paying him?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm
And especially when that player has multiple setbacks in his recovery from injury due to off the field stupidity. He’s been paid a lot of money and we’ve had nothing in return. Wigan quite right in my opinion, and its only an opinion you are all entitled to yours and I respect your opinion on weather or not it is immoral, but the way Ive been told its been handled is far from immoral.

Hope this Helps.
Apologies if I've missed this - what off-field stupidity?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:41 pm
And especially when that player has multiple setbacks in his recovery from injury due to off the field stupidity. He’s been paid a lot of money and we’ve had nothing in return. Wigan quite right in my opinion, and its only an opinion you are all entitled to yours and I respect your opinion on weather or not it is immoral, but the way Ive been told its been handled is far from immoral.

Hope this Helps.
Its not public knowledge, but question yourselves why Peet keeps talking about the kind of person as well as player Wigan want, and why now Hastings (and the constant circus) has gone, they want rid of a young lad who spent all his time with Hastings.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:36 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:14 pm And especially when that player has multiple setbacks in his recovery from injury due to off the field stupidity. He’s been paid a lot of money and we’ve had nothing in return. Wigan quite right in my opinion, and its only an opinion you are all entitled to yours and I respect your opinion on weather or not it is immoral, but the way Ive been told its been handled is far from immoral.
Wigan can't use the excuse he's had setbacks from recovering form injury as an excuse. They knew Field was out for the season. Just five days ago Peet was quoted as saying Field was fit and raring to go for pre season training so he's ready when he's supposed to be ready.

The Australian, whose first season at the DW Stadium was hampered by a number of serious injuries, will report to Robin Park on Monday for the opening day of the Warriors' 2022 pre-season campaign fully fit and raring to go, Peet admitted.

It is a major boost not only for Wigan but for Field as well, who is likely to play a pivotal role for the Warriors next season in the absence of star half-back Jackson Hastings, who has returned to the NRL with Wests Tigers.

"He was really keen to make sure he was fit and good to go from day one of pre-season, so that's great to see," Peet told Rugby League Live.

As to being paid a lot of money, he'd been on contract for one season and was an unknown before he got here so just how much are they paying him?
Unknowns in the NRL are on more than most SL “squad” players not all first teamers but a lot of squad players, plus theres what is referred to as NRL tax - in simple terms a cash incentive or higher wage to convince them to move over here, Im not saying he is on a hell of a lot, but for what he has cost us so far and what we have had out of him & the way he is viewed by the staff & management and some seasoned pro’s its no surprise we may look to get rid. I understand what Wigan publicly said about injuries in the press releases and on their statement but I dont know how many times I need to tell people not to believe everything the club say. They tell you what they want you to know/think.

Im not getting into arguments Im just stating my opinion and what I know, you can believe me or not, agree with my opinion or dont, its the whole point of this site, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens and what comes out
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dan2266 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:24 pm
widdenoldboy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:41 pm

Hope this Helps.
Its not public knowledge, but question yourselves why Peet keeps talking about the kind of person as well as player Wigan want, and why now Hastings (and the constant circus) has gone, they want rid of a young lad who spent all his time with Hastings.
Hes his best mate from Aus aint he so thought he would have been
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:36 pm

Field wasn’t out for the season with the hamstring injury ? He returned and played…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Whilst I am not doubting Dan’s insight, never have done, it sadly sounds very different to the Field that spoke on Hastings @behind the athlete podcast.

He sounded very motivated to be a success at Wigan and earn a chance in the NRL.

He was open and honest about doing 2 years here (his contract) then going home.

There was also something along the lines of being offered more money by Leeds but he’s already given Wigan his word.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:23 pm Whilst I am not doubting Dan’s insight, never have done, it sadly sounds very different to the Field that spoke on Hastings @behind the athlete podcast.

He sounded very motivated to be a success at Wigan and earn a chance in the NRL.

He was open and honest about doing 2 years here (his contract) then going home.

There was also something along the lines of being offered more money by Leeds but he’s already given Wigan his word.
In fairness contracts as we know fairly meaningless really and sport is ever changing what was no doubt true a year ago may not be the case now
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

We don’t need to make room on the quota anyway. It’s been confirmed by Rugby League Live this morning that Leuluai is exempt.