Jai Field.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Nezza Faz

Re: Jai Field.

Post by Nezza Faz »

Wigan_ITK wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:40 pm Nine sports now picking up on the Field back to NRL line…

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-r ... ed56deab40
At least that's talk for 2023, but you give me 99% of Aussies and given half the opportunity to return to Australia and the NRL and they'll be looking for an early release. At the end of the day, home is where the heart is; in reverse ask John Bateman, Williams, etc and as an NRL player the salary uplift would be considerable.
Just my thoughts on stuff mainly that's happened over the years.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:17 pm
Wigan_ITK wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:40 pm Nine sports now picking up on the Field back to NRL line…

At least that's talk for 2023, but you give me 99% of Aussies and given half the opportunity to return to Australia and the NRL and they'll be looking for an early release. At the end of the day, home is where the heart is; in reverse ask John Bateman, Williams, etc and as an NRL player the salary uplift would be considerable.
What point are you trying to make?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It is interesting that they say Field is a good player. Let’s hope we see some of that...
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:16 pm It is interesting that they say Field is a good player. Let’s hope we see some of that...
That's for sure,it's hard to say one way or the other if he's a good player or not give his Injuries
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:28 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:16 pm It is interesting that they say Field is a good player. Let’s hope we see some of that...
That's for sure,it's hard to say one way or the other if he's a good player or not give his Injuries
Fully agree. We know next to nothing about him really. He’s pretty much a new signing for us (presuming he’s here for 2022) and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can bring, along with the other new guys.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:28 pm
The jury’s out amongst the coaching staff as well.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:17 pm

What point are you trying to make?
That contracts aren't watertight as per my previous post and to re-state that any of our Aussie newcomers (including Field) can be lured back home if there's a sniff of an NRL deal in the offing, and history shows that IL would would not offer much opposition.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Mike wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:45 pm People say he was a bit strange off the field, but no examples. Anything that can be posted? Would it make the papers in Aus?

I had no problem with this public actions on and off the field.
I agree - i didnt really find him strange - as my previous post it seemed to me he came across and wanting to be a mega star, he was massively into the over the top American superstar narrative like your basketball and american football
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 pm
Mike wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:45 pm People say he was a bit strange off the field, but no examples. Anything that can be posted? Would it make the papers in Aus?

I agree - i didnt really find him strange - as my previous post it seemed to me he came across and wanting to be a mega star, he was massively into the over the top American superstar narrative like your basketball and american football
I just found him very quiet & that he didn’t interact with the fans!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:45 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:13 pm

I just found him very quiet & that he didn’t interact with the fans!
Nothing you can say that gets close to "as mad as a box of frogs" that I think someone posted earlier?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐