Jai Field.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Tricky Dicky1

Re: Jai Field.

Post by Tricky Dicky1 »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:52 pm And I suppose his dalliance with Salford was due to them giving him a contract after it went belly up at Manly for him. Then no other team, either SL or NRL was interested in giving him a run so he'll always be more than grateful for the chance the Reds gave him.
And come on, 99% of players who arrive here from the NRL are looking to impress in order to gain a return back from day one, and I see that Cust has got an exclusion clause to go back to Manly after just one season - it happens, that's life 12,000 miles from home ! And in a pandemic.
No he doesnt. Its an NRL clause that if he ever goes back to the NRL he has to join Manly. There is no early release clause its a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Tricky Dicky1 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:41 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:52 pm And I suppose his dalliance with Salford was due to them giving him a contract after it went belly up at Manly for him. Then no other team, either SL or NRL was interested in giving him a run so he'll always be more than grateful for the chance the Reds gave him.
And come on, 99% of players who arrive here from the NRL are looking to impress in order to gain a return back from day one, and I see that Cust has got an exclusion clause to go back to Manly after just one season - it happens, that's life 12,000 miles from home ! And in a pandemic.
No he doesnt. Its an NRL clause that if he ever goes back to the NRL he has to join Manly. There is no early release clause its a 2 year deal with a 3rd year option

That’s correct 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Flash

Post by Flash »

That's not true. According to Hastings himself he had several offers on the table.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Flash wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:31 am
That's not true. According to Hastings himself he had several offers on the table.
IIRC we were intersted in Hastings at that time? Happy to be corrected.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

josie andrews wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:10 am

That’s correct 😊

Thanks for the correction.

However the way contracts work, I wonder how watertight that arrangement is especially if Manly (or any other NRL team comes knocking).

Remember the continued speculation all last season whether Hastings would come back, in spite of the contract in black and white ?
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:00 pm

That’s correct 😊

However the way contracts work, I wonder how watertight that arrangement is especially if Manly (or any other NRL team comes knocking).

Remember the continued speculation all last season whether Hastings would come back, in spite of the contract in black and white ?
And it was rumours and paper talk…
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

That’s correct 😊

Isn't that saying "The fact we speculated on something that didn't happen last year makes it ok to do the same this year."?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jobo

Post by jobo »

morley pie eater wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:49 am

That’s correct 😊

Isn't that saying "The fact we speculated on something that didn't happen last year makes it ok to do the same this year."?
🤣🤣🤣
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

People say he was a bit strange off the field, but no examples. Anything that can be posted? Would it make the papers in Aus?

I had no problem with this public actions on and off the field.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan_ITK

Post by Wigan_ITK »

Nine sports now picking up on the Field back to NRL line…

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mole-r ... ed56deab40