Dominic Young

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Dan2266

Dominic Young

Post by Dan2266 »

Wigan plan on scouting him extensively this following season having watched him on 4 occasions last season. he has a contract till 2024 with Newcastle Knights. Huddersfield have a contractual agreement in place where they can match any transfer fee from an English club (League or Union) if he wishes to return to England

4 tries in 6 games last season.
Charriots Offiah

Re: Dominic Young

Post by Charriots Offiah »

I must admit that I have not been overly impressed when I have seen him play but he is young enough to improve.
Wes

Post by Wes »

What position is he?
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

:oops:
Wes wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:18 pm What position is he?
Winger
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Think he played a lot of centre coming through found himself on wing over in Aus more.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Not noticed anything special about him.
I think some people get the wrong idea with British players in Oz because a British player makes an Australian club team, doesn’t automatically make them world beaters
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Dan2266 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:20 pm Wigan plan on scouting him extensively this following season having watched him on 4 occasions last season. he has a contract till 2024 with Newcastle Knights. Huddersfield have a contractual agreement in place where they can match any transfer fee from an English club (League or Union) if he wishes to return to England

4 tries in 6 games last season.
I apologise... this is completely untrue, it was from a different point of contact to usual, however I've since been told Wigan are not Interested in the player as things stand.
Jonh

Post by Jonh »

Another baffling thread really.

It's on a par with saying water is wet and the sun is hot.

Young is an excellent young outside back with bags of potential. He is a genetic athletic freak and who will more than likely be starting in a reasonable NRL team this year. I think he and Farnworth have a very good chance of being centre wing partnership for England at the upcoming World Cup.

Why on earth wouldn't Wigan or anyone else in SL for that matter not be monitoring him? The reality though unless he get homesick he will be on significantly bigger wages playing in a better competition with a better lifestyle.

I am sure Wigan are monitoring a lot of good players who are off contract over the next few years with so many players in the squad with contracts ending in that period.
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Jonh wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:34 pm Another baffling thread really.

It's on a par with saying water is wet and the sun is hot.

Young is an excellent young outside back with bags of potential. He is a genetic athletic freak and who will more than likely be starting in a reasonable NRL team this year. I think he and Farnworth have a very good chance of being centre wing partnership for England at the upcoming World Cup.

Why on earth wouldn't Wigan or anyone else in SL for that matter not be monitoring him? The reality though unless he get homesick he will be on significantly bigger wages playing in a better competition with a better lifestyle.

I am sure Wigan are monitoring a lot of good players who are off contract over the next few years with so many players in the squad with contracts ending in that period.
Farnworth is outstanding in my opinion, I also like Young.
I was told "extensively scout" which to me means more than just send someone to the odd game id of thought, as well as put the feelers out and talk to the players reps. We aren't doing that as it stands. You're right though, Wigan will be looking at a lot of players and rightly so, Just as of now we aren't interested in taking anything further than watching the player in the odd game