Hardaker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
buttmonkey2

Re: Hardaker

Post by buttmonkey2 »

Apart from the fact Hetherington has stated to the press that Leeds are on the "look out" for loan signings but also needed to move players on in order to do that (salary cap), I've seen nothing apart from Leeds' fans speculating we are going to gift Hardaker to them now AND pay his wages

Whilst it is very possible he will sign for them when his contract ends, I see no reason to deliberately weaken our squad now
Back by demand.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

buttmonkey2 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:50 pm Apart from the fact Hetherington has stated to the press that Leeds are on the "look out" for loan signings but also needed to move players on in order to do that (salary cap), I've seen nothing apart from Leeds' fans speculating we are going to gift Hardaker to them now AND pay his wages

Whilst it is very possible he will sign for them when his contract ends, I see no reason to deliberately weaken our squad now
Wigan won't pay his wages. If Leeds want to borrow him or ultimately sign him THEY will have to find a way to do it.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:10 pm
buttmonkey2 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:50 pm Apart from the fact Hetherington has stated to the press that Leeds are on the "look out" for loan signings but also needed to move players on in order to do that (salary cap), I've seen nothing apart from Leeds' fans speculating we are going to gift Hardaker to them now AND pay his wages

Wigan won't pay his wages. If Leeds want to borrow him or ultimately sign him THEY will have to find a way to do it.
Would he count on our, or their cap?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:25 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:13 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:45 am

What’s Tommy got to do with replacing Zak?

We should sign an out and our centre. Bibby and Thornley already been played on the wing by Pete and French can cover FB, we don’t need versatility.
I get what ur saying but we might have a problem getting one and if we lose another half we are in big big trouble…… i said at the start of the season we were a centre and half short….. ill stick to that
Do any clubs have more than 3 halves? We have Tommy, Cust and Smith and are told Field can also play there…

At Centre we have Thornley, Hardaker, Halsall, KPP and on the wing we have Marshall, Bibby, French.

I personally think we have more than enough cover.

If you’re saying the quality isn’t right then that’s different to being short purely from a numbers perspective.
But the club isn’t using the players to cover the obvious positions as you suggest.

Bibby has been picked at centre (which he’s crap at) when he isn’t one and Hardaker who can play there has been picked on the wing.

There are only two centres in your list, Thornley and Halsall only got a game v Wakey. The rest are stop gaps played out of position. KPP was already starting to look like a fish out of water in the centres and despite Thornley also being injured as I said, they stuck Hardaker on the wing.

Given the club’s reluctance to play Halsall up to now and due to the fact the club went into this season with just one senior centre in Thornley we have had players who ought never to play there doing so.

We have seen Faz and Bateman play centre as well. So while I’d agree with you the likes of Bibby offer cover for the wing, that is not how the players are being used. The same kind of thing applies to the half backs. It’s OK saying in theory Field can play there but is there any evidence the club will do this? Why would they give. now he is going at full back?

You could say the same about French as he seemingly fancies being a 6 but it’s just a theory.

So if you put together the fact we have one senior centre and the fact the club plays who it does on the wing and in the centres I don’t think we do have plenty of cover.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

See how desperate old Gary is and ask for a straight swap, Brad Dwyer & Tom Briscoe to Wigan and Hardaker t'other way :D
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

medlocke wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:16 pm See how desperate old Gary is and ask for a straight swap, Brad Dwyer & Tom Briscoe to Wigan and Hardaker t'other way :D
Nice to have a classic centre as its been a while since Carmont/Goulding, so how about Newman? :)
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Mike wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:59 pm
No straw damn us wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:10 pm

Would he count on our, or their cap?
Theirs