Hardaker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Hardaker

Post by josie andrews »

I think we should give Halsall his chance at centre 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

It would be nice to get a versatile player in as zak is pretty versatile….. also now tommy is out for ages
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:36 am It would be nice to get a versatile player in as zak is pretty versatile….. also now tommy is out for ages
What’s Tommy got to do with replacing Zak?

We should sign an out and our centre. Bibby and Thornley already been played on the wing by Pete and French can cover FB, we don’t need versatility.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:34 pm Could well happen. There has been discussions. Wigan looking at the possibility of signing a centre before committing to anything with Leeds.
Can see Gildart asking to come back at this rate 😉
Sorry Josie but after the way he treated the Club and the fans last year after announcing he had signed for West's he should never be in our team again.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:45 am
Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:36 am It would be nice to get a versatile player in as zak is pretty versatile….. also now tommy is out for ages

We should sign an out and our centre. Bibby and Thornley already been played on the wing by Pete and French can cover FB, we don’t need versatility.
I get what ur saying but we might have a problem getting one and if we lose another half we are in big big trouble…… i said at the start of the season we were a centre and half short….. ill stick to that
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:13 am

I get what ur saying but we might have a problem getting one and if we lose another half we are in big big trouble…… i said at the start of the season we were a centre and half short….. ill stick to that
Do any clubs have more than 3 halves? We have Tommy, Cust and Smith and are told Field can also play there…

At Centre we have Thornley, Hardaker, Halsall, KPP and on the wing we have Marshall, Bibby, French.

I personally think we have more than enough cover.

If you’re saying the quality isn’t right then that’s different to being short purely from a numbers perspective.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:25 am

Do any clubs have more than 3 halves? We have Tommy, Cust and Smith and are told Field can also play there…

At Centre we have Thornley, Hardaker, Halsall, KPP and on the wing we have Marshall, Bibby, French.

If you’re saying the quality isn’t right then that’s different to being short purely from a numbers perspective.
Just about spot on......if we could get a quality centre in to replace Zak I'm fine with that. That's the spot I would look to replace next season any way. KPP Thornley Halsall to fight for other side and cover a top class strike centre for other side. Then we should be looking at one of Bibby or Mikis as wing cover at the most.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

lucky 13 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:49 am

Just about spot on......if we could get a quality centre in to replace Zak I'm fine with that. That's the spot I would look to replace next season any way. KPP Thornley Halsall to fight for other side and cover a top class strike centre for other side. Then we should be looking at one of Bibby or Mikis as wing cover at the most.
My main worry pre season was tommys age and his mounting injuries recently….. thats why i thought we needed another half…… i do agree we need a good centre though……. I think we are a bit too heavy in the forwards and too light in the backs
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:25 am
josie andrews wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:20 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:34 pm Could well happen. There has been discussions. Wigan looking at the possibility of signing a centre before committing to anything with Leeds.
Can see Gildart asking to come back at this rate 😉
Sorry Josie but after the way he treated the Club and the fans last year after announcing he had signed for West's he should never be in our team again.
It was a tongue in cheek remark!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Firestarter wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:53 am
lucky 13 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:49 am

Do any clubs have more than 3 halves?
My main worry pre season was tommys age and his mounting injuries recently….. thats why i thought we needed another half…… i do agree we need a good centre though……. I think we are a bit too heavy in the forwards and too light in the backs
That's a fair point as well and one that is pretty much where we are at.
I would be happy to lose maybe 6 of the current squad and replace them with 3 quality players and some young lads stepping up.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!